NYC Terminal Assistance

MizDemeanor

Are you driving or getting dropped off?

The drop off location on Level 2 has porter assistance. That's also the level you enter for security and check in.

If you are parking, you will be directed to level 3. You may catch a porter if they are still helping people off the ship to their cars - but maybe not - so you could find you have to get your luggage from your car to the elevator (you can drop it off with family near the elevator then go park.)  Then you can go down to level 2, unless there is an elevator operator who insists you go to level 1 to drop luggage and then back to level 2 which is what happens to me.

If you drive into the drop off level, you have to exit the port at W 46th St, turn left on 12th Ave and go back to W 55th St, turn left and re-enter the port to get to the parking level.

• Like 1

As stated above drop off should be no problem with porters there to help.  If I were you I would be more worried about disembarking because there is no area for pick-ups at the terminal.  As I understand you must be picked up across 12th Ave from the terminal.  Not sure if the porters will help you moving luggage across the 9 or so lanes of 12th Ave.  Maybe somebody has some experience or you could ask this question on the East Coast Departures section of the United States section of Ports of Call.  We have always driven to the port ourselves and parked on top of the pier so I can't give advice on disembarking. 

• Like 2

There will be porters with carts in the baggage claim area when disembarking.  Ask one of them for help and they will take excellent care of you, bypassing to the front of customs and will take you up the freight elevator to an awaiting cab.  Tip appropriately.

• Like 2