First Time Sailing on Royal

SteveOdore

My wife and I will be sailing on Royal Caribbean's "Serenade of the Seas" next year to Hawaii from Vancouver. We have done eight cruises with NCL however, we have never sailed with Royal. We selected "My Time" dining, This is new to us as NCL offers "Freestyle" dining where we show up and place our name in and wait for an available table. We like not having to be back at a specific time to have dinner especially if we are on an Island. How does "My Time" work, and is it possible to get a table for two in the MDR? We don't want to to stop what we're doing for a 5:30 seating.

2 minutes ago, SteveOdore said:

My wife and I will be sailing on Royal Caribbean's "Serenade of the Seas" next year to Hawaii from Vancouver. We have done eight cruises with NCL however, we have never sailed with Royal. We selected "My Time" dining, This is new to us as NCL offers "Freestyle" dining where we show up and place our name in and wait for an available table. We like not having to be back at a specific time to have dinner especially if we are on an Island. How does "My Time" work, and is it possible to get a table for two in the MDR? We don't want to to stop what we're doing for a 5:30 seating.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-is-my-time-dining

My Time Dining is one of the options you’ll get to choose from when you book your cruise. Unlike traditional dining — where a dining time is assigned to you — guests who opt for My Time Dining can eat in the Main Dining Room anytime they like during dinner hours, according to time’s availability. Reservations are strongly recommended.

7 hours ago, SteveOdore said:

You may find that Royal's website and later the ship people push you to make reservations for My Time dining.  Reservations are not mandatory, you can show up whenever you like.

• Like 1