Anyone else do this?

Firepath

On 9/17/2019 at 10:43 AM, reeinaz said:

Oct 2021 - NCL Escape - Baltic  (Berlin, Tallinn Estonia, St Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm)

This will be such a different cruise, visiting Europe with all the history, instead of focus being on the beautiful Caribbean. We've visited Tallinn, Helsinki and Stockholm a few times and would love to go back.  The people we met or even spoke with were always eager to share their knowledge of their cities, and so helpful when we got a little lost one very cold winter day in Stockholm. 

On 9/19/2019 at 11:08 PM, Aquahound said:

Is it the same cruise line?  Just a suggestion....if you book your next cruise while on board the ship, you can usually get some pretty good deals, like on-board-credit, etc.   Just food for thought.  

Also those good deals are with nonrefundable deposits. Make sure you know what you are getting and what will happen if you cancel or change anything.

On 10/18/2019 at 2:59 AM, clo said:

With all due respect - for you but not everyone. I can imagine all our travel being via a cruise ship.  Too many places they can't go.

I agree. If you can allow it, it's the best way to travel and see multiple places in such a short period of time.

2 hours ago, Kate P.C said:

I agree. If you can allow it, it's the best way to travel and see multiple places in such a short period of time.

I mis-wrote.  I CAN'T imagine traveling only by cruise.  I'd miss too many places and/or not get to spend enough time somewhere.

• Like 1

The way I see it is that cruising allows you to get a rough idea of a place.  The general setting, landscapes, weather, infrastructure, businesses, a few people.  A first impression.

After the cruise, there will be (or maybe not 😄) a few places that will have struck me as worth visiting more in depth.  I can then fly there and spend a few more days to get a better look.