Gala Nights - Which day?

Samanthac25

My next cruise will be 7 nights on Nieuw Amsterdam for Christmas (12/21 - 12/28). Though I've cruised many times before, this is my first Holland America cruise and my first Christmas cruise. Is there any way to know ahead of time which nights throughout the week will be Gala nights? Do you think one will be Christmas Eve or Christmas night? I'd like to be able to plan dinner outfits for the week 🙂

Edited by Samanthac25
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 8:06 AM, catl331 said:

Ordinarily the Gala nights would be your two sea days, the 23rd and 26th, but I don't know how Christmas will affect that. I'm mostly answering to bump your thread up the list! 😊

Thanks! I figured they would be the two sea days but then started to think about the Holiday aspect of the week and wondered how Christmas might affect the scheduling (if at all). 

On 9/16/2019 at 12:13 PM, Samanthac25 said:

My next cruise will be 7 nights on Nieuw Amsterdam for Christmas (12/21 - 12/28). Though I've cruised many times before, this is my first Holland America cruise and my first Christmas cruise. Is there any way to know ahead of time which nights throughout the week will be Gala nights? Do you think one will be Christmas Eve or Christmas night? I'd like to be able to plan dinner outfits for the week 🙂

We would have a better chance to help you if you  share some information  as  to if they are port days, what time you sail, if so  Not many ( if any) of us can possibly  know every itinerary for every ship.

Sorry, but I, for one, though happy to try to help won' t research to find your itinerary.  

I have sailed many  times on  HAL Chrismas/ New Years cruises so  would  have a fairly good idea if I knew which are port days

Likely you will be at sea on Christmas Day,  however, not guaranteed  so  verify.

image.png.a4a6cf9338ced150ad760c816795a3fb.png

sail.noodam@gmail.com

Christmas is Grand Turk. Sea days are 23rd and 26th

Cruise Itinerary: Fort Lauderdale, Florida (21 Dec d1700); Nassau, Bahamas (22 Dec 0800-1700); Amber Cove, Dominican Republic (24 Dec 0800-1700); Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos (25 Dec 0800-1700); Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (27 Dec 0800-1500); Fort Lauderdale, Florida (28 Dec a0700)

Edited by catl331
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2019 at 10:34 PM, sail7seas said:

We would have a better chance to help you if you  share some information  as  to if they are port days, what time you sail, if so  Not many ( if any) of us can possibly  know every itinerary for every ship.

Sorry, but I, for one, though happy to try to help won' t research to find your itinerary.  

I have sailed many  times on  HAL Chrismas/ New Years cruises so  would  have a fairly good idea if I knew which are port days

Likely you will be at sea on Christmas Day,  however, not guaranteed  so  verify.

image.png.a4a6cf9338ced150ad760c816795a3fb.png

sail.noodam@gmail.com

I never asked for anyone to research my itinerary or expected you to. I simply asked if the holidays play a part in scheduling gala days... you could have easily skipped over my post. A little kindness goes a long way. 

• Like 1

Like cat133, Looking at the itinerary, I would normally say that your Gala nights will be your 2 sea days.

I think HAL often makes Christmas Eve a Gala, but you have a full day in port that day, so I’m not sure how it works.

Once you are on board,  you will find a Voyage Planner in your cabin.  It will have your ports listed, special dining offerings as well as the dress code for each evening so on embarkation day you will know for sure when the Gala nights are planned.

Hope this helps.