Majesty of the Seas Teens?

Would this be a fun enough ship for teens ages 14 and 17 to sale on for Seven Nights with parents?  What is there for them to do?  We would have 3 Ports of Call and 3 full days at sea.  They have not cruised before.  What activities do they have for them besides the pool and climbing wall.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thebigshipper13 said:

Would this be a fun enough ship for teens ages 14 and 17 to sale on for Seven Nights with parents?  What is there for them to do?  We would have 3 Ports of Call and 3 full days at sea.  They have not cruised before.  What activities do they have for them besides the pool and climbing wall.  

For those ages, I wouldn't recommend Majesty of the Seas. At minimum, I would choose a Voyager class ship (preferably refurbished) as those have flow riders, waterslides and a full-sized basketball court.

For that long of a cruise and that many days at seas, I would say not good for teens. I was on Majesty this summer for a girls trip and had a wonderful time - it was a great ship to relax, have a few drinks and lounge around. As much as I loved it and her crew, I even told my girlfriend that it was not a ship I would bring my tween/teens on. 

Just off Majesty a couple weeks ago, and I agree -- my son would have been bored on this ship.  

Not only doesn't it have any "bells and whistles" beyond a pool, some overly crowded hot tubs, and a smallish rock climbing wall, there were almost NO teens on the ship (and this was a summer sailing when school hadn't started yet for many areas).  

I totally agree with the recommendation to go Voyager or larger.  Majesty was a great trip and I'm glad I went on it -- I met some fun new friends! -- but it's not a "family" destination.

37 minutes ago, thebigshipper13 said:

I get that this might not be the BEST ship choice but it does have the BEST price.  Do you think that they will be enough on board fun, even though there are big water slides, mini golf etc...?  Would appreciate feedback from someone who has traveled with teens.  Thanks!

I guess you have to ask yourself if your teens are going to be okay with just sitting around the pool all day and having maybe five other kids their age on the ship.

You know your kids, and we don't, so that's going to be a decision you're going to have to make.  I started cruising back in the 1980s when ships were tiny and didn't have any bells or whistles beyond pools, and I managed to have fun.  Then again, I also had no problem hanging out with elderly people... not every teen falls into that category.