Postcards

sparkly122

While I believe postcards are widely available for purchase everywhere, can someone tell me whether there is a post office near the port of Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway?  Would like to send postcards to friends back home and just wanted to make sure that I can!

Thank you all.

We took stamps with us and found mail boxes everywhere.  We did go to the post office in Skagway, which was a distance from the port.

I found this on the USPS website where you can locate the nearest collection box.  I used that in ports to find a mail box.  You can also use it to find post offices.

collection box locator

On 9/19/2019 at 9:20 AM, breezy_carol said:

We took stamps with us and found mail boxes everywhere.  We did go to the post office in Skagway, which was a distance from the port.

I found this on the USPS website where you can locate the nearest collection box.  I used that in ports to find a mail box.  You can also use it to find post offices.

collection box locator

There is an Apple App for that - USPS Mobile

• Like 1

Not exactly what was originally asked...  A few years ago I discovered some wooden postcards at a shop in Talkeetna that I mailed to a few friends.  Since then I've been on the lookout for them when I've been in Alaska.  I've found them at a gift shop in downtown Fairbanks and a place in Anchorage on 4th Avenue. I think I found some in Skagway one day too.  They are pretty cool and everyone likes them - I've sent several to the same friend and she has them lined  up on a shelf in her house now. Ha Ha  For one mailed in the USA I put a $2 stamp on one and when I mailed a couple internationally I put a $2 & $1 stamps.  I wanted to use real stamps and I know I'm putting a little too much but it's easier...  I bought the stamps ahead at home so I would have them ready to go.

590104915.jpg

FB_IMG_1568413897283.jpg

Cruisers  in the Skagway post office will be mailing things home in a “if it fits, it ships” box!    Great resource for people on Yukon overland trips and people who have purchased heavy books and other heavy or bulky items.