Free WiFi in the Haven

ajs922

We are sailing next week on the Breakaway and are in the Haven. We have the free WiFi package. It said it's ship wode but my wife wants to know just what we are getting. Can anyone help. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Edited by ajs922
spelling

Normally, the perk Wifi package is 250 minutes.  You can only log one device in at a time.  You can upgrade to the unlimited for around $85.  We did that using our OBC.  It was pretty easy for me to log out and my wife to log in when needed, so we had no issues.

We have not been on the BA in nearly 2 years but last 3 times sailing her, the 250 "free" minutes were credited as 1 GB worth of data, as used - metered NOT by the minutes unlike the rest of the NCL ships in the fleet.  I do NOT know if this is still valid - irrelevant for those paying for/upgrade to the unlimited plans for $$.  Speed was adequate & good enough for browsing & basic use AND with careful use/metering & managing the connection - I was able to get as much as over 1,000 minutes out of that 250+ minutes over our 7 nights cruise (actually, we had extra 30+ Plantinum "free" minutes on top).  It stopped once we exceeded the 1 GB data used cutoff - laptop & multiple devices signed in, one at a time only. 

Has nothing to do with being in Haven or not - Cisco servers & hardware does NOT differentiate on whether you are or not, same SSiD, 5 Ghz being less congested than the common/popular 2.4 Ghz WiFi signal on multiple channels. 

As always, YMMV.