Princess debarkation time in Copenhagen

SuzieQK

We are sailing on the Sky Princess Baltic Cruise on April 25, 2020. It says that our ship gets into Copenhagen at the end of our cruise at 5am on May 6th. How accurate is that port time? And what is the earliest debarkation time we can get to get off the ship? Can we make a 9:30-9:40am flight?

You are a good half hour, maybe a little more from what I remember, from the airport. We were on a much smaller Seabourn ship-- we also docked at 5am. Ship was cleared around 645 (seemed held up a bit by something) and self disembarkation started about then. We didnt disembark until about 8:30 but we could have gone earlier if we carried our own bags

Personally I don't mind cutting things close but you might be pretty close with a 9:30am flight. You would have to self disembark and everything would have to go smoothly in terms of the ship being on time and being cleared on time. Might want to prearrage a car service. It's definitely possible but it will be close. 

56 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

You are a good half hour, maybe a little more from what I remember, from the airport. We were on a much smaller Seabourn ship-- we also docked at 5am. Ship was cleared around 645 (seemed held up a bit by something) and self disembarkation started about then. We didnt disembark until about 8:30 but we could have gone earlier if we carried our own bags

Personally I don't mind cutting things close but you might be pretty close with a 9:30am flight. You would have to self disembark and everything would have to go smoothly in terms of the ship being on time and being cleared on time. Might want to prearrage a car service. It's definitely possible but it will be close. 

Thanks so much!

It also depends on your destination. 

Flights outside Europe (including UK) requires a possible long line at the passport control and if it's a flight to USA you also need to clear the US pre check. 

If you are going overseas but has a layover in Amsterdam, Paris, Frankfurt etc you will handle all that stuff in these airports. 

Ideally you will have to be at the airport at 7:30 to 8:00 to be on the safe side so leave the ship around 7.

Remember that it can take some time to check in your luggage, clear security, walk to the pier and perhaps also pass control. 

19 hours ago, SuzieQK said:

We are sailing on the Sky Princess Baltic Cruise on April 25, 2020. It says that our ship gets into Copenhagen at the end of our cruise at 5am on May 6th. How accurate is that port time? And what is the earliest debarkation time we can get to get off the ship? Can we make a 9:30-9:40am flight?

When we did this sailing on the Regal in 2016 Princess allowed a 9:30 AM flight departure through EZ Air.  We opted for the Princess transfer to the airport because I'd read that taxis may ocassionally be problematic at the port.  The early transfers were leaving by 6:00 AM. You'll should be fine with a 9:30 AM flight. Check and see what EZ Air allows!

3 hours ago, FraudBroad said:

When we did this sailing on the Regal in 2016 Princess allowed a 9:30 AM flight departure through EZ Air.  We opted for the Princess transfer to the airport because I'd read that taxis may ocassionally be problematic at the port.  The early transfers were leaving by 6:00 AM. You'll should be fine with a 9:30 AM flight. Check and see what EZ Air allows!

So EZ Air shows a 9:25 am flight available from Copenhagen. And if we take Princess’ transfers, we should be fine?

Just now, SuzieQK said:

So EZ Air shows a 9:25 am flight available from Copenhagen. And if we take Princess’ transfers, we should be fine?

Absolutely! If EZ Air is allowing you to make a reservation for 9:25 am then yes, you should not have any problem getting to the airport on time!

1 hour ago, SuzieQK said:

FraudBroad did it in 2016. I suggest that you confirm that it is still doable in 2020. Traffic and construction can change the timing.

hi SuzieQK,

Do you need to take that early flight? Last time we had a flight leaving early evening, so we were able to have a little tour around copenhagen. We saw the little mermaid, had a stroll through the beautiful Tivoli gardens. Saw the home of the royals and after the tour they brought us to the airport. Enough time to grab a bite and board the plane. 
It was a wonderful way to end our time in Europe.

Copenhagen is an amazing city. I would also suggest to take an evening flight and stay a little longer. Last time we were there we took a private tour to Malmo arranged by the same company as the tour in St Petersburg. We had a great day and enjoyed exploring charming Swedish town before heading back home. Indeed it was a wonderful way to finish our holiday!

Edited by Lagerta

5 hours ago, angie7911922 said:

hi SuzieQK,

Do you need to take that early flight? Last time we had a flight leaving early evening, so we were able to have a little tour around copenhagen. We saw the little mermaid, had a stroll through the beautiful Tivoli gardens. Saw the home of the royals and after the tour they brought us to the airport. Enough time to grab a bite and board the plane. 
It was a wonderful way to end our time in Europe.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. We are spending 3 days in Copenhagen before our cruise, and have planned to see as much of the city as we can. My main concern for my flight home is making it to the airport for an early departure.

21 hours ago, SuzieQK said:

Thanks for all of your suggestions. We are spending 3 days in Copenhagen before our cruise, and have planned to see as much of the city as we can. My main concern for my flight home is making it to the airport for an early departure.

Perfect!! If you are still looking for someone to help you book tours in the Baltic cities you are visiting, I can highly recommend Anastasia tours. We initially booked tours  and ballet in St Petersburg through them. And when we found out they could also help us with tours to Berlin (Warnemunde) and Tallinn. They answered all our questions and there were many... In the end we had a great time and a big part of that was due to the very knowledgeable guides who gave us a glimpse of life in the Baltic. (And a discount cause we booked several tours with them, always nice).