Ship menus

lenquixote66

Our menu from the Gala Dinner on Norway, in 1996, was so attractive that we kept it, brought it home, and framed it.  The cover says "France", and I believe it is a copy of a CGT poster or menu from earlier days. As I recall, the food that night was also a tribute to the meals on France.  I'm tempted to take it out of its frame to have a look at what we dined on that night.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2022 at 8:58 AM, shipgeeks said:

Our menu from the Gala Dinner on Norway, in 1996, was so attractive that we kept it, brought it home, and framed it.  The cover says "France", and I believe it is a copy of a CGT poster or menu from earlier days. As I recall, the food that night was also a tribute to the meals on France.  I'm tempted to take it out of its frame to have a look at what we dined on that night.

By all means, take a look at that menu.  We were on the Norway in 1993 and had a wonderful cruise.  Ironically we had been on the same ship in 1973 when she was the SS France.  We were able to enjoy that ship when she was a fast ship across the Atlantic and then as the world’s first mega cruise ship.  I remember the French menu on Norway.  I well remember dining on Norway in what had been the First Class Chambord Dining-room onboard the SS France.  The room was paneled in elm…absolutely gorgeous.   

• Like 2