Connecting balconies on Vision of the Seas? Explorer OTS? Empress OTS?

DLKC

A group of 3 couples are making plans for our next cruise together, and we are hoping to know if the balconies on Vision of the Seas (or Explorer OTS, or Empress OTS) can be opened up between cabins that are side-by-side?  We'd love to be able to have one big balcony, and I've heard that some people have been able to do that.  So far, it has not been physically even possible on the ships we've cruised.  
Look forward to hearing from any of you who know about this possibility.  Thanks!

3 minutes ago, DLKC said:

A group of 3 couples are making plans for our next cruise together, and we are hoping to know if the balconies on Vision of the Seas (or Explorer OTS, or Empress OTS) can be opened up between cabins that are side-by-side?  We'd love to be able to have one big balcony, and I've heard that some people have been able to do that.  So far, it has not been physically even possible on the ships we've cruised.  
Look forward to hearing from any of you who know about this possibility.  Thanks!

Balcony dividers can’t be opened on any of those ships 

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Balcony dividers can’t be opened on any of those ships 

Thanks.  Obviously, that is not what I was hoping to hear!  Do you know which ships/decks have dividers that open?

33 minutes ago, DLKC said:

Thanks.  Obviously, that is not what I was hoping to hear!  Do you know which ships/decks have dividers that open?

Mariner, Navigator, Freedom class, Oasis class and Quantum class ships all have balcony dividers that open 

deck does not matter.  Aft facing balconies don’t open on Freedom class, Mariner and Navigator 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Mariner, Navigator, Freedom class, Oasis class and Quantum class ships all have balcony dividers that open 

deck does not matter.  Aft facing balconies don’t open on Freedom class, Mariner and Navigator 

Aha.  That's very useful info.  Thanks. 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 2:04 AM, Merion_Mom said:

It's pretty much:  The older the ship, the less likely that the balconies have dividers that can be opened.

No Empress, no Sovereign class, no Vision class, and no first generation Voyager class. (Voyager, Explorer, Adventure)

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, vettegal99 said:

We were on the 9/21 Explorer sailing.  Deck 12, our room attendant removed the divider between our rooms, 1880 and 1882.

I am glad that things changed for the new cabins that were recently added. 😊