Celebrity Edge Disembarkation

Suzi2u

I don't know the exact answer to the time, but should be no problem for the FLL airport for an 11:30 flight. It's only about 10 minutes to the airport. As far as Miami goes, I wouldn't book a flight that early. If everything falls into place, it will be a close call.

8 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I don't know the exact answer to the time, but should be no problem for the FLL airport for an 11:30 flight. It's only about 10 minutes to the airport. As far as Miami goes, I wouldn't book a flight that early. If everything falls into place, it will be a close call.

We know, but we figured we self disembark and hoping we get off the ship around 8:30am then take an hour drive to Miami that give us time to run to the gate.  We just don't want to sit in the airport for hours, my backup plan, we live in northern Florida now so we just uber home.

When we were on Edge last December, Luggage valet was available... we were on an 11:30 Delta flight.... if I recall correctly, 11:30 was the earliest Delta would allow for Luggage valet... it varies by airline. We had purchased airfare via Choiceair, so 11:30 is 'acceptable' from Celebrity perspective.... so if you are flying Delta... I am pretty sure you will have now issues in terms of luggage valet and being able to get there... airport can be seen from the ship... so it is close

22 hours ago, kearney said:

When we were on Edge last December, Luggage valet was available... we were on an 11:30 Delta flight.... if I recall correctly, 11:30 was the earliest Delta would allow for Luggage valet... it varies by airline. We had purchased airfare via Choiceair, so 11:30 is 'acceptable' from Celebrity perspective.... so if you are flying Delta... I am pretty sure you will have now issues in terms of luggage valet and being able to get there... airport can be seen from the ship... so it is close

What time did you get off the ship and did you do self assist?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2019 at 9:34 AM, Cruisegirl6 said:

What time did you get off the ship and did you do self assist?

Sorry, I missed this. We used luggage valet...so did not touch luggage.. We also required wheelchair assistance. Our experience on Edge was unusual and frankly terrible.... but a "one off" experience. It was one of their inaugural sailings and their wheelchair assistance wasn't really flowing smoothly, plus day one of the govt shutdown AND we purchased an expensive item onboard.... requiring a visit to customs.... all in all it took nearly 2 hours to get off the ship... alas... I understand... but it really left a bad feeling... that is hard to shake. Now while all this was unpleasant... the good news was that our flight was around 4 or 5 as I recall.. so we had nothing better to do... 

We just got off Equinox (Oct 4)... same terminal many months later.... we used luggage valet again AND the ships transportation... luggage taken away the night before and since our flight was at noon we were given a departure time of 7:45.... smooth as silk... waited a few minutes for the bus to get fully loaded... and we were at the airport before 9 am... so plenty of time to hunt down wheelchair assistance and get coffee etc. Some people prefer using taxi, uber or a shuttle service like ALL STAR... which departs more quickly... but if you aren't in a hurry their service works well.

Edited by kearney

Getting off the Edge is very quick - there is a bit of a walk to the taxi station, but have made it to the airport for an 11:30 flight with hours to spare.

This was for January in a suite and Luggage Valet was complimentary - I think we paid $25 each when not in a suite. It has the info about which airlines and times that are applicable.

1296502137_luggagevalet1.thumb.jpg.25a77c7f1260eb7ef7937c7fb4b28db6.jpg

895420811_luggagevalet2.thumb.jpg.c7b63ddc72d85117d06390a0d8e50cc3.jpg

Edited by vtcruising