Half Moon Cay with Multiple Ships?

AryMay

10 hours ago, nursemommy7578 said:

I just checked and in February we will have a Carnival ship with us

You checked?  with whom?  where?

As   posted above, the on  line sites are okay but never totally correct.

Where were you given  that assurance?

image.png.dbcbd00f9441076940e913fb0ad6921d.png

Since one of the sites listed a Carnival cruise at HMC the same day as us, I checked the Carnival web site and it does not have the ship stopping at HMC on that date.  There were cruises showing HMC on the itinerary.

I know that cruise contracts state that they can change the itinerary, but it doesn't seem like good business to advertise a port stop and delete it without a good reason (storms, political unrest, safety issues, etc.)  Why advertise HMC as a stop if you do not intend to go?

3 minutes ago, davy jones said:

Since one of the sites listed a Carnival cruise at HMC the same day as us, I checked the Carnival web site and it does not have the ship stopping at HMC on that date.  There were cruises showing HMC on the itinerary.

I know that cruise contracts state that they can change the itinerary, but it doesn't seem like good business to advertise a port stop and delete it without a good reason (storms, political unrest, safety issues, etc.)  Why advertise HMC as a stop if you do not intend to go?

The sites that try to show ships in port are not "official" web sites in any way. They get their information by going to TA sites and copying the information. Errors occur in the process. Carnival may not have ever had the ship in question scheduled for HMC on the date in question.

13 minutes ago, richwmn said:

They get their information by going to TA sites and copying the information. Errors occur in the process.

It seems to me to happen much too often with HAL+Carnival at HMC to be simple copying errors.  I think maybe C puts out "tentative" schedules that don't get corrected by the timetable sites later on when conflicts occur.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 9:37 AM, richwmn said:

The sites that try to show ships in port are not "official" web sites in any way. They get their information by going to TA sites and copying the information. Errors occur in the process. Carnival may not have ever had the ship in question scheduled for HMC on the date in question.

Understood, but do Carnival ships make port calls at HMC when HAL ships are not there?

5 minutes ago, davy jones said:

Understood, but do Carnival ships make port calls at HMC when HAL ships are not there?

Yes, often the day before or after in Spring or Fall. In Summer HAL does not use the island and in Winter Carnival does not. Pick a day on this calendar and then keep clicking Next:

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruises-to-half-moon-cay-bahamas.html

Edited by catl331
  • Like 1