Book Recommendation?

Firepath

Not a specific cruise question. I love reading, especially on vacation. I've been looking for a book to take on my Hawaiian cruise next month, something light hearted, easy to read, maybe a Hawaiian, tropical, or cruise setting. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with this! I actually read it in advance of my first Hawaii visit and even though it is fiction I learned so much about Hawaii and the culture! I have Michener's South Pacific to read before my cruise there and read his Caribbean before my first visit to the Virgin Islands. The beginning of Hawaii was difficult for me, but once the story got to the people (native Hawaiians, missionaries, Chinese, Japanese, etc.) it was really fascinating and educational! Loved it!

On 9/22/2019 at 11:14 PM, scottca075 said:

Not necessarily an easy read, but Hawaii by James Michener, also Tales of the South Pacific by him.

In the South Seas by Robert Louis Stevenson, The House Without A Key by Earl Derr Biggers,

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, back to the islands said:

The beginning of Hawaii was difficult for me, but once the story got to the people (native Hawaiians, missionaries, Chinese, Japanese, etc.) it was really fascinating and educational! Loved it!

yeah. I read the first 50 pages in 3 minutes :)

I just read " The Unhoneymooners" by Christina Lauren. Romantic comedy - total fluff. I normally read mysteries but most of this book takes place on Maui so I checked this out from my library and it was entertaining. I have "Moloka'i" by Alan Brennert on my bookshelf - I haven't read it yet, but have heard good things about it. It is  historical fiction about the leprosy colony in Hawaii. "Song for a Whale" by Lynne Kelly is considered juvenile fiction because the main character is 12 years old but I really enjoyed it. She is a deaf girl who wants to communicate with a particular whale, and the book involves an Alaskan cruise.

There are quite a few mysteries set on board cruise ships.

• Like 1