Newbie be kind

youagain

I am new to Norweigen  and have a couple of general questions. Do you get a specific time to board ? Will be going out of Seattle in September 2020. How do you get the time? Can you order bottles of liquor for your cabin? If so How? Thanks in advance

20 minutes ago, Sweetnspicy said:

You can select a boarding time once you are past final payment but no one ever follows it. It’s kind of a free for all. I’m not on the alcohol. I know you can order wine! 

- you don't select a "boarding time"...... you select a port check-in time when you complete you information online (sometimes this option appears closer to departure date but it will appear..... your checkin progress may show 100% and then one day it will be 80%).  Boarding is done once the ship is cleared of all previous passengers and there is a specific order to board and the time is dependent on your departure time.

- you may bring unlimited bottles of wine & champagne on board at disembarkation at a cost of $15 per bottle and can be consumed anywhere on the ship

- here a link to a previous thread about the in room bar set up. It's from 2017 but prices and contact number: 

You can select an arrival time for Check-In but that is NOT the same as a boarding time.  Check-In usually begins about 9:30 A.M. until about 1:30 P.M. or 2:30 P.M depending on your scheduled departure time.  Boarding usually begins somewhere between 11:00 A.M. and Noon depending on how soon all the passengers from the previous have cleared the ship and Customs gives the okay. 

41 minutes ago, youagain said:

I am new to Norweigen  and have a couple of general questions. Do you get a specific time to board ? Will be going out of Seattle in September 2020. How do you get the time? Can you order bottles of liquor for your cabin? If so How? Thanks in advance

Generally speaking, the sooner you get to the port, the earlier you can board.  That being said, unless you have Latitudes “Status” or sailing in the Haven, you have to get to the pier very early to board early.

The embarkation starts with any people needing extra “assistance” and the Haven passengers.  Then the Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador Latitude people board.  Then, it’s a matter of how early you got to the port and the boarding group you are assigned.  Overall, it’s not that bad.  Once boarding starts (depending on port, but I’d say around 11:00-11:30 a.m.), it goes pretty quickly.

But, do yourself a favor.  Plan on being at the pier around 1:00-1:30.  You’ll breeze right through checking and walk right onto the ship.

You can order liquor for your cabin from the NCL web site with your reservation number.  Or, have your Cruise Consultant or Travel Agent do it for you.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, youagain said:

When you do your on board check in they will ask you what time you plan on arriving, but you are not glued to the time. As for bottles of booze, I think just getting the drink package is a better way to go. Yes, you can order bottles but they are pretty pricey. 

7 hours ago, youagain said:

For all of your questions I suggest you spend some time exploring the NCL website and particularly the FAQ's.  You will find the answers you seek and answers to questions you have not yet asked.  Happy cruising 😉

3 hours ago, youagain said:

There are 3 in our cabin so 2 get a drink package included. Does everyone have to buy a drink package or can 1 not buy or  just get a soda package?

I just got off the Joy and my mom and I got the drinking package and my 24 year old daughter did not.  I will tell you that there was some confusion and the drink package was assigned to my daughter's card (along with my mother's name) and when we told them about the mistake they said my mom would have to pay for any drinks ordered while using my daughter's card but they quickly corrected it when I pointed out they even had the wrong name on the card!  This might be partially my fault, because we added my mom late and I knew she drank WAY more than my daughter does, so I switched passenger 2 and 3.  So be careful who you assign as passenger one and two.