Ginger BEER

jamesnnb

I've read that sometimes ginger ale is used in drinks (like say a Moscow Mule for example) and sometimes people have had ginger beer.  Does anyone know if ginger beer is actually stocked now a days or if it is still hit and miss?  I like ginger beer in Moscow Mules and Dark & Stormy drinks, myself.  We'll be on the Royal soon, if that makes a difference.  Maybe you need to ask as you order? 

I have had Gosling's Ginger Beer on two different Grand class ships.  It was never included in the Soda Package or the Soda And More package, but on board the ship, it actually was cheaper than ordering it at a restaurant or bar at home.  I think the ships were just charging the canned soda price.

On 9/23/2019 at 7:06 PM, WisCruiser2 said:

geoherb posted the drink menu in his current Live From review on Crown Princess. It looks like the one I remember from the Regal this past year, and Gosling's ginger beer is listed under non-alcoholic drinks. It's also used as a mixer.

We drink alcohol only on occasion, but we love the Gosling's Ginger Beer. First experienced it in Bermuda. (Don't get the diet; it's awful!)

12 hours ago, HappyCruiserettu said:

We drink alcohol only on occasion, but we love the Gosling's Ginger Beer. First experienced it in Bermuda. (Don't get the diet; it's awful!)

If you can get Barrett's Ginger Beer locally, try that.  Before Goslings started to make their own ginger beer, Barretts was what they used to make a Dark and Stormy.  Barrett's is hard to find, but it is the best balance of sharpness and sweetness.

13 hours ago, HappyCruiserettu said:

The diet one is actually pretty good but hard to find. My grocery store stocks it but only a couple 6 packs at a time and sometimes I get there too late. I buy it when they have it even if I don't need it because there are some weeks they are out.