Zaandam- jogging on promenade heard in cabins below

vmom

I would like them simply to place the one-way arrows. There always seem to be some individuals, or worse, couples, who walk clockwise, against the majority of traffic. I personally do not care which way I walk, I just don't want to walk into someone at a blind corner. 

Some Holland America ships do allow jogging on the Promenade. It’s my understanding that if you are on a Vista ship you can jog there. From my experience the jogging tracks on the sports deck are terrible, approximately 11 laps to a mile, tight corners, and lots of people walking. If jogging is allowed on the promenade I do use it. Of course, if not, as on the Zaandam, I stick to the track.

Edited by mckgreg
Misspelling

Guest services (and other staff) will enforce a no-jogging rule the same as they enforce dress codes :(.  The reality is that the staff does not like to enforce any rules because it means confronting a passenger.  There is a noise risk whenever you choose a cabin (on any cruise line) that is under a public area such as the promenade, pool deck, lounge, etc.  Many experienced cruisers know to choose cabin categories and/or locations that avoid these areas.  Next time you choose a cabin look at what is above, below and around.

Hank

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Guest services (and other staff) will enforce a no-jogging rule the same as they enforce dress codes :(.  The reality is that the staff does not like to enforce any rules because it means confronting a passenger.  There is a noise risk whenever you choose a cabin (on any cruise line) that is under a public area such as the promenade, pool deck, lounge, etc.  Many experienced cruisers know to choose cabin categories and/or locations that avoid these areas.  Next time you choose a cabin look at what is above, below and around.

Hank

I’m sure many crew don’t enjoy confronting pax. When it falls under one’s job duties, enjoyment shouldn’t matter.

Why wouldn’t Guest Services turn it over to Security to handle? Security personnel should have the skills and professionalism to take care of it. If a pax decides to take their own ashtray and have a smoke on the Promenade Deck, would that be okay for crew to let pass because they don’t want to confront too? (That carries similar nuisance and safety issues to others.)

Edited to add: Hank, I understand you are not advocating staff not follow up. I’m just not willing to excuse their not following up.

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 1