After Dinner Drink and Music

midwestsunshine

9 minutes ago, TenForward said:

On our cruise in 2017 we would go to Fat Cats for after dinner drinks & music.  Jazz club with small round tables and chairs, several booths.  You can find pictures if you Google it.  Then we'd head next door to Maltings for after-after drinks 🙂

I believe fat cats is now syd norman, but I could be wrong. Which would not be piano or jazz music. 

There's a howl at the moon which is piano but it was a lot more lively than the piano music I found in observation lounge. A bit more like the piano in district brewhouse on Bliss. 

When I was on Bliss there was a duo with one on the keyboard in the atrium & sugarcane and those places are both on breakaway. 

5 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

I believe fat cats is now syd norman, but I could be wrong. Which would not be piano or jazz music. 

There's a howl at the moon which is piano but it was a lot more lively than the piano music I found in observation lounge. A bit more like the piano in district brewhouse on Bliss. 

When I was on Bliss there was a duo with one on the keyboard in the atrium & sugarcane and those places are both on breakaway. 

Yes, Fat Cats is now Syd Norman’s Pour House (nightly rock bands AC/DC genre). Shakers Martini bar usually has evening live performers (as opposed to dead ones). On our Breakaway cruise in August we enjoyed having a quiet drink on the Waterfront near the Shakers outside bar. It was deserted every evening except for a few people strolling the waterfront.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

Yes, Fat Cats is now Syd Norman’s Pour House (nightly rock bands AC/DC genre). Shakers Martini bar usually has evening live performers (as opposed to dead ones). On our Breakaway cruise in August we enjoyed having a quiet drink on the Waterfront near the Shakers outside bar. It was deserted every evening except for a few people strolling the waterfront.

Oh, nice.  Hadn't heard that.  I would enjoy that all the more.  I'm not a big fan of Jazz but the group I was with all wanted to go there.   We too would head out to the waterfront for quiet late night drinks (and cigars for the guys).  We had it pretty much to ourselves.