JUST OFF THE ZUIDERDAM--MY COMPLAINT LIST.........

Chuck

I think  that on  any cruise line, a  14 day  or  longer voyage  ,  will probably attract large numbers of seniors.Most have more available time to get away for a bit longer than the usual   7 day cruise.    But, by all means give it a try, if you wish.

Two and a half cents so stand by! 🤓 Chuck makes valid points in a lot of what he had to say here:

When HAL decided to come in with their "EXC Central" inside the Crow's Nest (Vista-class and up) project, besides the disappearance of the dedicated coffee bar on the starboard side of the CN (now part of a combined Crow's Nest and coffee bar on the port side but, by no means, the same as it was before), they also removed the shared computer work stations on that starboard side (still there on the "S" and "R" ships as part of their Explorations Cafe on a much lower deck). Some of those bigger class of ships now have a grand total of two computer work stations for pax down off to a side of the Atrium on Deck 1 (after thought?), but that obviously pales in comparison to the multiple stations that could be found in the Crow's Nest prior to EXC Central making its appearance. So, on those Vistas and up, If you didn't bring a laptop and/or have access to the Neptune Lounge (Yeah, I know, only one PC in there) and want to use a PC, you could be looking at some wait time

HAL has been known for years for having an "older populace" for their pax count. Many like it that way (some on this board love to claim :classic_biggrin: that the dam ships are dead by 9 pm because all those "oldies but goodies" are already catching their Zzzs, after their routine nightly glass of prune juice) as opposed to the "Carnival fun ship" atmosphere. And before I have to put on my Kevlar, No, I'm not knocking Carnival! They have a pretty good thing going and to each their own

Scooters, yes, I too (also), have seen irresponsible behavior and unsafe driving by scooter operators on the dam ships. Some folks are just plain inconsiderate of those around them. I yelled at a scooter driver once to slow down as she had turned up at the gangway without her ship's I.D./room key, and when told that she could not leave the ship without being scanned off, she got pee'd off and tore down the nearby public corridor as fast at that bad boy could go. If anyone would have exited their cabin down that corridor, she would have collected them. I agree that quite a bit has to do with unfamiliarity with the equipment, others have absolutely no manners.

The Bev card issue? We've used them on our last two cruises and were/are pretty happy with them. Rip-off? On our last cruise in Aug, we, at the advise of a Bev steward - smart dude!, ordered two double Amaretto's on the rocks. When we got the receipt, the charge for those two drinks was $32 bucks. So no mas double Amaretto's for us :classic_wink: Sometimes, you learn the hard way, right Chuck?

Off the box and back in my cave!

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 1