Can we add an third passenger to our reservation?

Samanthac25

13 minutes ago, Samanthac25 said:

Wondering if it’s possible to add an additional passenger to our reservation? We’re sailing in December and have already paid in full. We chose the guarantee room, so it hasn’t been assigned yet. Does HAL allow this? 

You'll have to ask HAL, either directly or through your TA depending on how you booked.  From prior discussions with my PCC, I believe you can do so but it will depend on your room - if it can accommodate 3 people.  Since you don't have a room assignment yet, you don't know.   Maybe they can assign your room now since you're a few months away from departure.  

In my hypothetical discussion with my PCC, I was advised that we could add the third person fairly close to departure.  (I had changed my assigned room to one that could accommodate three people, just in case.)

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Samanthac25 said:

Wondering if it’s possible to add an additional passenger to our reservation? We’re sailing in December and have already paid in full. We chose the guarantee room, so it hasn’t been assigned yet. Does HAL allow this? 

A number of factors - does your room sleep 3?  Does the lifeboat for that room have space (or is all available space taken by already filled rooms)?

You'll have to call HAL and ask.  

26 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

A number of factors - does your room sleep 3?  Does the lifeboat for that room have space (or is all available space taken by already filled rooms)?

You'll have to call HAL and ask.  

Fair. I just thought I’d ask here to see if it’s even a possibility before I call. Our room hasn’t been assigned yet so there may be some flexibility there (for a cost, of course, which I expect). 

9 minutes ago, Samanthac25 said:

Fair. I just thought I’d ask here to see if it’s even a possibility before I call. Our room hasn’t been assigned yet so there may be some flexibility there (for a cost, of course, which I expect). 

Well, yes, of course a 3rd passenger will have a charge.

I could be wrong, but I believe guarantee category cabins are only available for two guests.  You could contact HAL and potentially upsell yourself to a cabin category that accommodates three guests. However, because it is after final payment, it may be tricky. Good luck!