Thoughs on Victory Key West/Cozumel Itinerary?

eastoftheboston

Hi All!

I'm trying to plan a cruise involving my sister in law, who has never been on a cruise before. I was looking at the Key West/Cozumel itinerary on the Victory since that was the exact itinerary I sailed on the Imagination back in 2009 that introduced me to cruising (long enough to give you a taste of what a cruise is all about, but short enough that if you hate cruising you'll be off the boat after four days). I'm hoping this itinerary works the same magic that it worked on us and gets her hooked on cruising too!

I haven't been on Carnival since that 2009 trip, and was wondering if anyone had thoughts on the Victory (maybe as it compares to a Fantasy-class ship since that's my only point of reference) or anything else you think I should take into account when planning this?

Thanks in advance for any feedback! 

Hi there. We did this itin on the Victory in Aug 2017. We loved it. Our schedules are limited but this still felt like a real vacation. It was our second trip on the Victory. In face we are going back to Cozumel next month because we enjoyed the first one so much. Click on the links in my tag line to see my full detailed reviews for our cruises on Victory.

6 minutes ago, ricew001 said:

Hi there. We did this itin on the Victory in Aug 2017. We loved it. Our schedules are limited but this still felt like a real vacation. It was our second trip on the Victory. In face we are going back to Cozumel next month because we enjoyed the first one so much. Click on the links in my tag line to see my full detailed reviews for our cruises on Victory.

Thank you for directing me to your link. Great review! 

My first cruise was on the imagination (Key West/Cozumel) in 2010. I have sailed on the same Victory route you are asking about and we are actually doing it again next week. I really liked the Victory as a ship. It is bigger than the imagination and has some features of the bigger ships. It seems to have a really good passenger to public space ratio. I prefer longer sailings than the 4 days trips, but sometimes that is all that works in our schedule.

In comparing to the Imagination,

• I like that the life boats are on deck 4. It gives better views from the upper decks. I like to be able to see out to the water and not have to look between life boats.
  • The stadium style lounge deck around the pool gives it more opened feel.
  • From the top of the ship there are no areas that you can see forward, but there are forward viewing decks below the bridge around decks 6/7. 
  • Lots of balconies cabins, if you like to have a balcony
  • Victory has a 3 story theater, as opposed to the 2 stories on the Imagination
  • Dining rooms are 2 floors with the center of the 2nd floor opened to create the high ceilings with large chandeliers.
  • Thanks 1

I did that cruise last December for a quick pre winter getaway.
We had a great time, been to both places before but was dirt cheap cruise.

Just walked around Key West and went to Paradise Beach in Cozumel.

The Victory was a fun boat to be on.

Was great till the last night when we had somebody get drunk and jump off the boat around the middle of the keys, got woken up by announcements looking for him every 10 minutes and we ended up getting back to Miami 7 hours late.

I was on this ship/itinerary i

last Feb and am doing it again this coming Feb. I am taking two brand new cruisers with me and specifically chose the cruise because I think it’s a great introduction. 

The Victory is a good in between ship IMO. It’s not really big with all the bells and whistles but it has plenty of amenities like a good sized comedy club, alchemy, high ceiling lobby etc. 

Plys, those ports are great for newbies IMO. Easy transportation, friendly locals, good variety of excursions.