Ryde Spin Classes on the Breakaway

gmm8631

Does anyone now how often they have the ryde spin classes on the Breakaway? Do they leave the door unlocked to the bikes if you just want do a ride by yourself? My husband is addicted to spin classes and it would be great of he could take a few.

Thanks 

Gena

Can't speak to the breakaway but we took some spin classes on the Jade a couples years ago. The bikes were locked up in a separate part of the gym so you couldn't get to them outside of class times. I'm an avid spinner, have my own bike at home; and found the classes offered really disappointing. The instructor was simply a gym employee who was assigned to teach the spinning classes, not anyone with spinning expertise.

I think it will depend on the ship itinerary and instructors. On my last Getaway cruise, I took classes with both of the guys who worked at the fitness center and they both had different ways of teaching. I got a lot out of it. I am not an expert spinner, but have been getting into it more lately. 

You can ask about getting into the room, but one instructor was upset that passengers had been in the room and used the heart rate monitors and he didn't know which ones and had to sanitize them all. 

• 1 month later...

From where I sail, there are usually many sea days, so that is when they have the ryde spin classes.  When I was on the breakaway a while ago, it was Flywheel spin class and they charged quite a bit, thus every time I went and there were no other people signing up and the class was cancelled and they kept the spin room locked.  I just made do by riding the stationary bike, monitoring my watts output. 

Another sailing off the Escape, they had the Ryde class for a cheaper price (or maybe its due to the unlimited classes price) so there were 2 other regular riders, enough for them to hold the class, and either because of the lax enforcement by the instructor or the fact that I signed up for unlimited classes, I was allowed to come into the class half an hour early and stay an extra half an hour, allowing me to do a 2 hour ride.  I did see other people going in to the spin room and use the floor space to follow some exercises on their smartphones when there is no classes in session.