Thermal Suite Spa Lovers: Which Ship is right for us?

coloradosmom

The only NCL cruise we've ever done is the Getaway. We normally cruise with Celebrity but I have a credit that I have to use before the end of the year with NCL.

First time going on a cruise without our kids. Yay!!! We prefer an inside cabin because well, we are on a budget and like to apply the money to spa passes instead of the room category. Cleanliness and good food would be our other priorities. Ports of call really don't matter to us.

We love spending time in the Thermal Suite, as a couple using the Sauna, Steam Rooms, and Heated Loungers.  We spend a few hours there every day.  It would be important to us to be together and I couldn't tell for sure if some of the therapy rooms are all co-ed.

The only thing that we did not like about the Getaway thermal suite was that the waterfall on the therapy pool was very loud and located directly behind the heated loungers. For us, it affected the quiet, serenity that we like while reading or relaxing on the loungers.

I'm having a hard time finding pictures of the different ships with the layout of the thermal suite to see if they are set up like the Getaway. For the Dawn ship, I've read a few reviews that said sometimes the loungers are not working, so that would also be a consideration.

This is the pricing for the NYE cruise, all including the specialty dining offer:

Dawn 2157
Escape 2638
Breakaway 2683
Encore 3445

Can you help me choose the right ship based around our needs and the price value?

I would definitely rule out the Dawn.  Loved the ship, but they don't have much of a spa compared to the newer ships.  I have not done the Encore yet, but have sailed Spa Haven rooms on both Breakaway and Escape (and Getaway).  Breakaway and Getaway are identical.  Of the 3, I think the Escape wins, mostly because it does have more room - and the snow room is kind of fun!  The the pool waterfall thing is loud, but for me it kind becomes background white noise.  I didn't notice if it was better on the Escape vs the other two, but I do remember hearing it in all 3.  Below is a link to my photos from the Escape

https://goo.gl/photos/TpmtwxRPYoQS3vvN9

• Thanks 1

The Escape is the ship that made us fall in love with the NCL spas on newer ships. I prefer it in the front as opposed to the back of the ship like it was on Bliss and will be on Encore. That said, we really enjoyed the Observation Lounge on Bliss and spent a lot of time there which cut down on spa time. We picked the Encore for this NYE because we liked the OL so much on Bliss. 

Mary Ann

Hi

I just asked a similar question.  DH and I sailed on Getaway and Escape.  We loved the Thermal Spa on Escape the best.  Just seemed larger and had more heated loungers.  I also am considering Encore.   I was looking into Celebrity Summit as well.  I hear good things about that ship but we both really want the same experience (or close to it) as NCL's thermal spas.   I would vote for Escape or Encore depending on where they are sailing and where you want to go.

DH and I sailed on Anthem of the Seas and we really missed the spa experience. 

Karen

• Thanks 1

On 10/2/2019 at 9:22 AM, laurabegorrah said:

I would definitely rule out the Dawn.  Loved the ship, but they don't have much of a spa compared to the newer ships.  I have not done the Encore yet, but have sailed Spa Haven rooms on both Breakaway and Escape (and Getaway).  Breakaway and Getaway are identical.  Of the 3, I think the Escape wins, mostly because it does have more room - and the snow room is kind of fun!  The the pool waterfall thing is loud, but for me it kind becomes background white noise.  I didn't notice if it was better on the Escape vs the other two, but I do remember hearing it in all 3.  Below is a link to my photos from the Escape

https://goo.gl/photos/TpmtwxRPYoQS3vvN9

Booked Escape yesterday!

On 10/2/2019 at 5:46 PM, trivia addict said:

Not on your list, but of all cruises, Norwegian, Celebrity, and Royal my very favorite was the spa suite on the Norwegian Pearl.

Hi!  We just booked an interior room on the Norwegian Pearl and bought spa passes.  Did you like the spa itself or just the spa suite?  Would love to hear some feedback on the spa.

Thank you!