MSC for Me app

Dilori

Have any of y'all had experience using MSC for Me? 

We will be on the Meraviglia later this month so have, in preparation, installed this app.  Reviews don't give it too high a rating but if it works as promised should be very helpful. Meanwhile, here at home, first thing I get upon opening is " 'An error occurred. Please try again' press OK". Pressing OK makes it go away bringing up the Home screen.  With a few exceptions most every tap of a function produces the same error message. I don't expect full functionality until on board the ship but I should think it would at least be as useful as navigating the MSC website.

One of the useful features, as I understand it, will be a tool to help navigating around the ship. Don't know where I remember seeing this but if it's true, that would be a great help. I have a great sense of direction on land but am totally turned around on a cruise ship.

Again, any feedback you care to share, positive or otherwise, will be greatly appreciated.

I wouldn't try to use it until you're on the ship. Yes, it might seem like some things should work beforehand, but in my experience, it's utterly useless until you're on board. I believe the MSC for Me app is designed SOLELY for cruise passengers actually on board the ship, so using it any other time is only likely to drive you crazy. I'd wait if I were you. Have a great cruise!

54 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I wouldn't try to use it until you're on the ship. Yes, it might seem like some things should work beforehand, but in my experience, it's utterly useless until you're on board. I believe the MSC for Me app is designed SOLELY for cruise passengers actually on board the ship, so using it any other time is only likely to drive you crazy. I'd wait if I were you. Have a great cruise!

Thank you DCGuy64. Will wait and see.😎

For anyone who has used it on board, what was your experience?

4 minutes ago, Dilori said:

Thank you DCGuy64. Will wait and see.😎

For anyone who has used it on board, what was your experience?

I did use it on board the Seaside last October and loved it. It was very helpful for helping us find our way around the ship. Lots of helpful information.

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

I believe the MSC for Me app is designed SOLELY for cruise passengers actually on board the ship, so using it any other time is only likely to drive you crazy.

Yes, immediately after disembarkation everything is gone and before getting on the ship it is more or less useless. 

I used it every day while on the Seaside last December and it worked great. Booked all our theater reservations in a few minutes while waiting for the cabins to be made available. I also liked the "where are you" (not what it is called, but I do not remember the name of that portion of the App), and it was spot on and made it very simple to find not only where you are located, but showed the deck plan around you. We used it several times to find restrooms, which seem to be oddly placed and not that many as compared to other ships that we have sailed. The only downside is that I had to carry my smartphone with me all the time. 

On the Meraviglia now and generally works fine but there have been a few glitches. You book shows on their touch screens located around the ship. We always booked for both of us but the app would only show one seat booked.  We still got into the shows though.  The app would not show our charges on the app on our phones but you can see them on the TV version in your room. Other than that it seems to work fine 

Yes, I agree with sptrout about carrying the smartphone around but, for me, a small price to pay for the convenience.  As I've said, I am disaster knowing where I am and how to find places so, for me, the "where are you" is worth the price of admission.

2 hours ago, Dilori said:

Another question. MSCforMe promo states "Our digital technology interconnects guests." Nice feature but how?

image.thumb.png.018f5bce78b9f11ff72ba54ef377356e.png

There's a chat system where you can send messages to other guests through the app without needing to text.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

REALLY? i don't remember this. Can I do it only for people in my cabin or other cabins as well? 

Firstly, availability depends on the ship being one of the "smart" ships as referred to in the photo. It would seem the chat feature would be for anyone with the app installed..

image.png.d76b0c224f0c15b518d12f3cf99b423c.png