MDR Dining Table Size

jacobichka

1 hour ago, jacobichka said:

Hello.

We are group of 16 people will be on MSC Meraviglia New Year Cruise. What is larges table size in MDR restaurants? Do you thing is that possible to get one big table for all of us?

Thank You.

Usually 10 or 12 is the largest. 16 at one table is simply too big, imo - a d I diubt they can arsnage a tabke that big. Even 12 is tough, IME - you simply can't talk to anyone more than one or two spaces away, or hear anyone else and service can be slower as wait staff waits in entire table to do each course, etc 

I'd highly recommend two tables of 8 in the same section - you'll have same wait staff and time each night, you can actually talk to and hear everyone at the table and each night you can mix up who sits where so you all get to enjoy each other's company.  

6 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Usually 10 or 12 is the largest. 16 at one table is simply too big, imo - a d I diubt they can arsnage a tabke that big. Even 12 is tough, IME - you simply can't talk to anyone more than one or two spaces away, or hear anyone else and service can be slower as wait staff waits in entire table to do each course, etc 

I'd highly recommend two tables of 8 in the same section - you'll have same wait staff and time each night, you can actually talk to and hear everyone at the table and each night you can mix up who sits where so you all get to enjoy each other's company.  

Thanks for the advice!

Unfortunately the deck plans for Meraviglia don't show any table schematics.  And stock pictures on cruisedeckplans are from MSC and just general.  I can say that on Seaside, each dining room has one table for 16 plus several tables for 10.  We had one of the tables for 16.  There were two of us and three other couples for earliest seating.  Two of the couples moved, leaving four of us.  We had excellent service, as I don't think our wait team had any other tables.  But they said at second seating they had a group of 17, and third seating a family of 15.  EM

15 hours ago, jacobichka said:

Hello.

We are group of 16 people will be on MSC Meraviglia New Year Cruise. What is larges table size in MDR restaurants? Do you thing is that possible to get one big table for all of us?

Thank You.

Are you all on the same reservation? If not you may not be able to eat at the same time, or in the same restaurant. I'm sure that they will do what they can to help you but I'm not sure that you can eat together.

8 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

Are you all on the same reservation? If not you may not be able to eat at the same time, or in the same restaurant. I'm sure that they will do what they can to help you but I'm not sure that you can eat together.

Yes we are. We all booked as a group. My travel agent ask me to fill out dining preference form with table size in it. And she doesn't know if they can provide one table for all. MSC customer service is useful! No help!

35 minutes ago, jacobichka said:

Yes we are. We all booked as a group. My travel agent ask me to fill out dining preference form with table size in it. And she doesn't know if they can provide one table for all. MSC customer service is useful! No help!

I assume you mean useless! I have heared it before that their customer service in the US is bad. I have good experiences of the customer service in Sweden.

I'm sure that they will help you as much as they can once on the ship.

Have a great cruise!

14 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

I assume you mean useless! I have heared it before that their customer service in the US is bad. I have good experiences of the customer service in Sweden.

I'm sure that they will help you as much as they can once on the ship.

Have a great cruise!

Sorry, of course I mean USELESS!

2 hours ago, jacobichka said:

Just fill out for the largest size available (usually it's a range of sizes, ie 2-4, 6-8, 10-12, or something like that). Pick the largest size, they'll group you accordingly.

If the tables you've been assigned don't suit upon boarding, see the maitre'd ASAP. They'll get you sorted out. It's highly unlikely it will be one large table, it's just not easy or even advisable for such a large group, but it should be two tables for 8 or three tables of 6. And you can mix and match who sits at what table each night. 

• 2 weeks later...