Venus missing from Roll Call list

Phoenix cruiser

We have experience this problem before when Viking adds a new ship to its fleet. Sometimes Cruise Critic is slow to add new ship roll calls and needs a reminder to give them a gentle nudge.

We have taken the liberty to send them the following message:

Several CC participants have remarked that there is no Roll Call for the Viking Venus.  The ship is going into service in a few months and Viking has been accepting bookings already.  The cruisers have not been able to post questions and comments relevant to that ship. Would you please add a roll call for the Venus to the current list of 6 Viking Ocean ships

Your prompt attention to this detail is appreciated. Thank you

Senior Gators

Hope this helps!

6 minutes ago, Senior Gators said:

We have taken the liberty to send them the following message:

address the message to help@cruisecritic.com. This will avoid a layer of bureaucracy and get your request directly to the department that is responsible for making the addition.

Peregrina, thanks for the information.  I sent the original message to:  "community@cruisecritc.com". I just sent another copy of my request to the address you suggested.  Hopefully one (or both) message(s) will get the desired results.  

Senklr Gators

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, retiredman said:

Funny this topic just came up.  Just last night I requested that the Venus be added to the roll call list. We are booked on the April 19th "British Isles Explorer" cruise. 

We’re booked for the same cruise embarking March 22. Guess I’ll check for the Venus to be added. Not too concerned as we have a lot of time 😀

You are welcome.  The last time I requested that CC establish a roll call for a new Viking ship, it was several years ago and a previous version of Cruise Critic.  It didn't seem as difficult as this effort to do the same thing, but glad it worked.

Senior Gators 

30 minutes ago, Phoenix cruiser said:

Thanks! You are right. I was using Find My Roll Call and of course that does not work until you start one for a specific cruise. Will do that tonight.

I'm not a fan of "Find My Roll Call." I always manually search for the roll call I am looking for.  Because it doesn't necessarily pick up a new roll call, it can cause multiple roll calls to be started for the same sailing. Very frustrating. You can't have a conversation when there are multiple roll calls for the same date. (which reminds me it time to check and make sure that duplicates haven't spawned for the roll calls I'm on; on one else is going to do it).

10 minutes ago, Squawkman said:

I’ll start a roll call for the 3/22/21 British Isles Explorer cruise.

Does anyone have an idea when the Venus will be added to Meet & Greet?

Adding Meet & Mingle is an even bigger problem since CC depends on a 3rd party source to populate the list (and that 3rd party doesn't always get the dates right).

Edited by Peregrina651

This will be our first Viking Ocean Cruise after several Viking River cruises. Our experience on all the lines that participate in an organized Meet and Greet or whatever they call it is pretty lame- coffee, tea, soft drinks and cookies. Get together see organized ourselves through discussion on CC have been more satisfying, plus we can hold it when convenient for the group and not the cruise line. 

40 minutes ago, Phoenix cruiser said:

This will be our first Viking Ocean Cruise after several Viking River cruises. Our experience on all the lines that participate in an organized Meet and Greet or whatever they call it is pretty lame- coffee, tea, soft drinks and cookies. Get together see organized ourselves through discussion on CC have been more satisfying, plus we can hold it when convenient for the group and not the cruise line. 

I think you will be in for a nice surprise.  We've been on 3 VOC's with more to follow.

Each time the Viking/Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle FAR exceeded expectations.  They came around serving wine, hard drinks, soft drinks, and more nearly continuously.  They also had quite nice platters of appetizers from cold to hot - much better than imagined.  No cookies.  Our big issue was just in restraining ourselves from the good food and drink so that we had room for dinner!    In addition, getting the chance to mingle and meet many of the Viking staff, and the Cruise Director, along with various other cruisers we'd been corresonding with the previous months was a great way to begin the cruises.

But there will always be people who want to do something different or are unhappy with the timing or unhappy with something.

• Like 1