Pull out washing line.

zeberdee

Hi
does anyone know if the revolutionized ships have a pull out washing line in the shower like Royal ships have?

This will be our first Celebrity cruise and will be Silhouettes first post revolution cruise.

I have searched the boards but couldn't find any info... many thanks

Edited by zeberdee

Hello..in my "cruise to go bag" always carry towel chair clips, 4 magnet hooks and 10 feet of nylon cord, 10 plastic clothpins, magnet clips. Reason..magnet hooks and cord for hanging "stuff". All ship walls are metal. Hanging wet bathing suits in shower with crisscross lines using clothpins. Magnet chips to hang invits, tour tickets, reservations. Always seem to be buried under stuff and hopefully DH can find them easier..maybe. My job is after the cruise to put them all back in the "Cruise to go bag" for next time. And never forget a wine bottle opener. We have made new friends with the mention "we can open that bottle".

10 minutes ago, phillygirl2400 said:

Hi. We just got off the revolutionized

Summit. Yes, there was a clothesline in the shower. 

Millennium Class ships--Summit is one of them--have always featured a retractable clothesline in the shower...  Glad to hear that they've been retained following "the revolution"...

Solstice Class ships--Silhouette is one of them--have never featured a retractable clothesline in the shower [nor does Edge].

If you don't have a pull out clothesline in the shower on your ship....bring a few deflated balloons. when you want to dry something, blow up a balloon or 2 and drape your wet items over them. Cheap and easy to pack solution!

• Like 1

Thank you all for the info.

Our luggage allowance for our flight from the UK doesn't really give us much wiggle room for extra bits and bobs. 

Guess we'll be using the towel bar and backs of chairs on the balcony.

Sx

2 hours ago, zeberdee said:

Thank you all for the info.

Our luggage allowance for our flight from the UK doesn't really give us much wiggle room for extra bits and bobs. 

Guess we'll be using the towel bar and backs of chairs on the balcony.

Sx

My wife always takes some string with a few clothes pegs. Then ties the string from chair to chair on the balcony. Home from home!🤨

• Like 1

There is no pull across clothesline on any S class ship, which includes Silhouette. We use two strong magnetic hooks and a piece of twine connecting them. They are small, and easy to pack when luggage space and weight are a concern. We purchased the hooks in a set of 4 from Amazon and as I recall they are rated either 40 or 50 lbs. This picture was taken in an Aqua class stateroom on Silhouette. There are two pegs in the wall that are fixed, but we just attach the magnets to the side or back walls. it's great for wet bathing suits or hand wash, and out of your way. 

20171129_093207.thumb.jpg.9087c3b9221b67630b5277e5d7f62152.jpg

8 hours ago, zeberdee said:

Hi
does anyone know if the revolutionized ships have a pull out washing line in the shower like Royal ships have?

This will be our first Celebrity cruise and will be Silhouettes first post revolution cruise.

I have searched the boards but couldn't find any info... many thanks

On a side note, I believe they're disappearing on the new Royal ships.