Your Time Dining Wait times on Sunrise?

cmp03

How has the your time dining wait times been for the Sunrise?  We have done it before and never waited more than 15 minutes for a table, usually got seated right away but its seems that Sunrise has crowd issues so I was wondering if that was affecting the way the your time dining was working out?   Might be worth switching to a set dining time if that was still available.

I was on the Sunrise recently (9/22-9/29).  We used the Hub App to request a table and never waited more than ten minutes to receive a message that our table was ready.  We usually requested the table around 7:00 p.m.  The wait might have been longer between 5:30 and 6:00.   I really can’t say, but I’m sure others will respond.  

Have fun!

Last month when we were on Sunrise, we would make our reservation for 2 as we were leaving the shows (about 8ish).  By the time we reached where people not using the app made their ressies, we got our table number.  We were always seated within minutes, and the line at the door was always short.

We eat early to catch the early shows.

We would make the ressie on the app at 5:15 and start heading down.

Would get the notification table was ready by the time we got to the check in desk at the restaurant.

Just as an fyi, I read all the BS I'll call it about the Sunrise before we sailed on an 8 day in Sept.

We had an excellent cruise and we sailed Around Dorian too! Captain kept us on schedule.

Don't stress, you'll be fine. Use the App, don't go to 5 to check in.

She's a great ship.

Our only negative was attitudes from some of the passengers. 

We sailed from New York.

Edited by thesmiths
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, thesmiths said:

snip

Just as an fyi, I read all the BS I'll call it about the Sunrise before we sailed on an 8 day in Sept.

We had an excellent cruise and we sailed Around Dorian too! Captain kept us on schedule.

Don't stress, you'll be fine. Use the App, don't go to 5 to check in.

She's a great ship.

We sailed on a 6 day in September and had a good cruise, but Captain didn't keep us on schedule with Humberto (and wish he hadn't tried to).  I will agree to disagree with you about it being a great ship, but it isn't as bad as many of the reviews.

We did anytime seating 5 of the 6 nights (and excellent room service the other night when seas were their roughest) and had minimal if any wait.  Part way through we found a serving team we really enjoyed and requested them every subsequent time we used MDR.  If you have a special table request you do need to check-in at deck 5 before going to the dining room, or plan to wait in front of the dining room if the random Hub App assignment doesn't fit your request.

Since you can't access the dining room from midship deck 3 or 4, it really isn't that bad to stop at deck 5 anyway since you will likely pass it to get aft.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Everyone!  I didn't realize you could book a table on the app so that is great to know.  We a did RC cruise recently and I liked how you made a reservation for YTD, glad Carnival is offering similar option.  

I know we will all have a great time regardless of all the complaints I see here so I wasn't worried about that as much as I didn't want to be waiting 30-45 min in front of restaurant for a table if we could just switch to set dining and not have that wait.  

We'll go ahead and stick with any time dining since that is more appealing then the set time to me 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

We always go down about 20 minutes before we would want to sit and that seems to work fine for us.  We grab a cocktail from a nearby bar and chat with friends while waiting.  YTD is the only way we will dine in MDR.  Have a great cruise.

6 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

Why is that?

Just curious.

We eat dinner at varying times at home so having to get to a set dinner time isn't ideal for us.  We eat anywhere from 5:30pm to as last at 9pm depending on how the day went.  YTD is the flexible option for us.