Suite Privilege Program for non suite guests??

JennJohnNYC

4 minutes ago, vacruisincouple said:

I am sailing in a RS on Summit in 2.5 weeks and was offered the Retreat Privilege Package (RPP) for my parents who are sailing with us in the adjoining C1 cabin.  I was only offered the package because I inquired about it.  It was not offered in the initial email from the shoreside concierge.  The price is $99 per person per day and must be booked with the shoreside concierge prior to sailing.  There was no mention of limited availability but then again there are only 10 upper suites on M class so it probably isn't an issue.  I will likely purchase it for my parents and conveniently "forget" to tell them there was a charge for it.  It will be my dad's 85th birthday on the cruise so I want them to really enjoy themselves.

My recent experience is not in an Upper Suite -   We are only in a CS and have invited Iain's Sister and BIL to join us for the cruise   We booked them in a AQ initially thinking we might join them in Blu for dining.     I had our TA inquire about the RPP.   He was able to confirm them but I had to pay via Credit Card - a good year before final payment date.

We will be traveling on an E-Class ship.   I was happy that they will be able to join us in Retreat and Luminae for their first cruise experience.   

We will probably also bid on an upgrade to SS for them so will be interesting to see if we get a refund if they get upgraded.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vacruisincouple said:

I am sailing in a RS on Summit in 2.5 weeks and was offered the Retreat Privilege Package (RPP) for my parents who are sailing with us in the adjoining C1 cabin.  I was only offered the package because I inquired about it.  It was not offered in the initial email from the shoreside concierge.  The price is $99 per person per day and must be booked with the shoreside concierge prior to sailing.  There was no mention of limited availability but then again there are only 10 upper suites on M class so it probably isn't an issue.  I will likely purchase it for my parents and conveniently "forget" to tell them there was a charge for it.  It will be my dad's 85th birthday on the cruise so I want them to really enjoy themselves.

If you are going to eat in specialty restaurants often it might not be worth it. It will be "free" for you but not your folks (you might want to check this, in case it changed).  It might be better for you to "pay as you go" in Luminae, unless you think they will want to use the Retreat or the Retreat sundeck (finicky elevator access). They can still board with you, and I would have their luggage tagged priority and delivered to your cabin. 

18 hours ago, JFontaine said:

If you are going to eat in specialty restaurants often it might not be worth it. It will be "free" for you but not your folks (you might want to check this, in case it changed).  It might be better for you to "pay as you go" in Luminae, unless you think they will want to use the Retreat or the Retreat sundeck (finicky elevator access). They can still board with you, and I would have their luggage tagged priority and delivered to your cabin. 

Thanks JFontaine!  We're only planning one specialty dining with them at Tuscan Grill for my Dad's birthday dinner.  My husband and I will dine at Sushi on 5 most days for lunch but my parents don't like sushi and it will be nice for them if they can dine in Luminae on the 2 sea days that we have without us.  I think we'll utilize the Retreat sundeck quite a bit on this cruise.  Everyone can handle the stairs easily.  My parents also really enjoyed the Retreat Lounge/Michael's club the last time we cruised with them and they were in a SS.  So for us, I think the RPP makes sense and I am happy that it is available.

23 hours ago, vacruisincouple said:

Can't you upgrade into a SS for the additional $200/day? Or all gone?

46 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Can't you upgrade into a SS for the additional $200/day? Or all gone?

At this point no, all suites are sold out.  I think that the SS is normally a bit more than just an extra $100/pp per day compared to a C1.  The goal anyway was to treat the suite and connecting cabin as a 2 bedroom suite and have a comfortable shared living space to hang out together.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vacruisincouple said:

Thanks JFontaine!  We're only planning one specialty dining with them at Tuscan Grill for my Dad's birthday dinner.  My husband and I will dine at Sushi on 5 most days for lunch but my parents don't like sushi and it will be nice for them if they can dine in Luminae on the 2 sea days that we have without us.  I think we'll utilize the Retreat sundeck quite a bit on this cruise.  Everyone can handle the stairs easily.  My parents also really enjoyed the Retreat Lounge/Michael's club the last time we cruised with them and they were in a SS.  So for us, I think the RPP makes sense and I am happy that it is available.

I think your analysis is right for you. Happy birthday to your dad and have a great cruise. 

• 1 year later...

I just got a call from the Executive Office about this.  They told me most ships limit the number of Retreat passes to 10 per ship and it's limited to family.  But once or twice she used the word "friends".  Does anyone know if this is actually limited to family or if friends can purchase it also?

EDIT:  Yes, it includes friends.  It's right here in the RCCL PDF document.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/TheRetreat/02_06_24_FLY_Retreat_Privilege_Package.pdf

EDIT:  It looks like kids under 12 come in free.

My comment was, I'm fairly new to the Retreat and I specifically pay more for a Sky Suite than for my other Aqua class cabins.  And I'm sitting here deciding whether to book other suites. 

I hope this is limited and doesn't cause crowding.  If I can't find a chair on the Sundeck or have to wait 15 minutes to get into Luminae, I'll go back to Aqua class.

Edited by zitsky

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

I just got a call from the Executive Office about this.  They told me most ships limit the number of Retreat passes to 10 per ship and it's limited to family.  But once or twice she used the word "friends".  Does anyone know if this is actually limited to family or if friends can purchase it also?

EDIT:  Yes, it includes friends.  It's right here in the RCCL PDF document.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/TheRetreat/02_06_24_FLY_Retreat_Privilege_Package.pdf

EDIT:  It looks like kids under 12 come in free.

My comment was, I'm fairly new to the Retreat and I specifically pay more for a Sky Suite than for my other Aqua class cabins.  And I'm sitting here deciding whether to book other suites. 

I hope this is limited and doesn't cause crowding.  If I can't find a chair on the Sundeck or have to wait 15 minutes to get into Luminae, I'll go back to Aqua class.

It's a max of 10 people per cruise, and it has to be someone associated with someone in a suite.  Given the number of suites, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't notice anything.