Quantum of the Seas Singapore 2020 - Royal Suite Class?

nigel_ht

I'm guessing I already know the answer to this question (nobody knows yet) but since Quantum is moving to Singapore will it get Royal Suite Class for Singapore sailings like Anthem did?

The real questions are:

"who do I ask to get the right answer?" and "when should I ask?"

I've gotten 2 different answers from RCCL...our original booker told us we would get Star (which is why I purchased) and subsequent calls told us we got the Chinese Royal Golden Suite perks (which kinda suck in comparison).  I called a 3rd time and was told we get a genie but not the rest of the Star benefits.  Yay!  I figured I'd ask here and maybe someone could point me at a rccl blog post or interview where their 2020 plans are laid out.

I grabbed the nicer Grand Loft Suite over the Junior Suite to get the Star perks and it would be a mild disappointment to not get a genie.  I thought the price was good though over a Junior Suite ($2.5K more) as I don't think we could afford the Grand Loft Suite normally.  

I've done the Haven on NCL before on a Jewel class but also when I found an "affordable" rate 🙂. We sail with 5 so junior suites often works out better than 2 cabins and its nice that we see more quints being designed into ship layouts nowadays.

8 minutes ago, nigel_ht said:

Here, a few sailings after her dry dock (ending 11/16), perhaps even in the Roll Call thread for one of those sailings.

Edited by Biker19

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2019 at 10:31 PM, nigel_ht said:

I'm guessing I already know the answer to this question (nobody knows yet) but since Quantum is moving to Singapore will it get Royal Suite Class for Singapore sailings like Anthem did?

The real questions are:

I wish I knew - grabbed a Loft suite for this purpose as well but checking in now for my December cruise, I see on the app that there is a fee for iFly and 270 and my set sail pass just says "Suite Class" - not Royal Suite Class.  So I am not hopeful!

3 hours ago, bertrande said:

I wish I knew - grabbed a Loft suite for this purpose as well but checking in now for my December cruise, I see on the app that there is a fee for iFly and 270 and my set sail pass just says "Suite Class" - not Royal Suite Class.  So I am not hopeful!

I got a call from corporate that we do get the normal package since its a Singapore sailing.  I guess we find out for sure when the November sailings happen...

The fact that these folks have to question what perks they are going to receive and have to rely on an internet message board for info says a whole lot about the utter failure that is RCI communication.

It has been this way for a long time and the leadership of RCI allows it to continue.  There are so many things to love about RCI but this is a glaring weakness that is just inexcusable.

Billions and billions of dollars have been and will be spent on technology and infrastructure and yet one of the building blocks of business execution is continually ignored.

Changing policies and procedures are inevitable with any business of this size but how hard is it to communicate in a timely and consistent manner.  With computers and with multiple avenues for communicating it really isn't that hard.  It just isn't a priority.

Exiting the soap box.  Sorry I didn't add anything other than the noise of complaining.

5 hours ago, cadburyguinness said:

I have received the Genie questionnaire for our December cruise, so I reckon that’s a good sign

This is awesome - may I know whether your cruise is in early December?  We are on the 9th December sailing and have not heard anything!  We have also purchased internet from the online portal which I hope will be refunded to my account if internet is included...!

Check your junk mail Bertrande!

We are sailing 23rd Dec and got the email at the beginning of Nov.

It was just the  preliminary “questionnaire to find out all about you” rather than any confirmation about perks or bookings, but I don’t think you get that with the “China sailings Suite Class” as far as I have been able to determine

Edited by cadburyguinness
More to add

5 hours ago, cadburyguinness said:

Check your junk mail Bertrande!

We are sailing 23rd Dec and got the email at the beginning of Nov.

It was just the  preliminary “questionnaire to find out all about you” rather than any confirmation about perks or bookings, but I don’t think you get that with the “China sailings Suite Class” as far as I have been able to determine

Urgh my junk mail only goes back a month and nothing so far.  I also saw from Cruise Planner that internet is US$20 less than what I had purchased!!  Not sure what to do now - I incur exchange rate losses if I cancel and rebook, and if internet is included in the suite, I would much rather hold on to it and then get a refund onto my onboard account when we get on the ship.  If only Royal would be clearer on what is included - their communication on this is dismal.

16 hours ago, Bradison said:

The fact that these folks have to question what perks they are going to receive and have to rely on an internet message board for info says a whole lot about the utter failure that is RCI communication.

It has been this way for a long time and the leadership of RCI allows it to continue.  There are so many things to love about RCI but this is a glaring weakness that is just inexcusable.

Billions and billions of dollars have been and will be spent on technology and infrastructure and yet one of the building blocks of business execution is continually ignored.

Changing policies and procedures are inevitable with any business of this size but how hard is it to communicate in a timely and consistent manner.  With computers and with multiple avenues for communicating it really isn't that hard.  It just isn't a priority.

Exiting the soap box.  Sorry I didn't add anything other than the noise of complaining.

I don’t disagree with anything you say - in fact wholeheartedly agree. However, when rccl ships depart week after week and time after time they are booked to capacity, it’s hard for corporate to get too enthused about changing things. Regrettable but I’m afraid true. 

It has always been my understanding (but I have no personal experience with Asian sailings) that anything OUTside of China, itself, would be a regular Star Class sailing - Genie + all of the SC amenities.  I certainly hope this is the case, for your sake.  SC is awesome and it would truly suck to not get all of the benefits.

I hope you have one of the Grand Loft Suites on Deck 8 and not one of the ones on Deck 10.  The ones on 8 are wonderful.  Not so much, the ones on 10.  The ones on 10 are tiny in comparison. 

On 11/21/2019 at 3:44 AM, RFerrington said:

I hope you have one of the Grand Loft Suites on Deck 8 and not one of the ones on Deck 10.  The ones on 8 are wonderful.  Not so much, the ones on 10.  The ones on 10 are tiny in comparison. 

We took one on Deck 10!  We have done Deck 8 GLs on other Quantum class ships so I hope we won't be too disappointed!

To everyone else interested, I have just received the welcome e-mail from our genie so I think we can confirm that Star Class is available on the Quantum departing out of Singapore.

• Like 1