Questions about cheers program.

mommyto3girls:)

Considering purchasing the cheers program on our upcoming cruise.  We have a few questions though.  I see the limit of 15 alcoholic drinks per day, but the nonalcoholic drinks like soda and specialty coffee is unlimited correct?  
I also see you have to wait at least 5 minutes between drinks.  Is that for all drinks or just alcohol?  Like if I get a specialty coffee can I also get a bottle of water?  Or if I order a martini can I also order a water at that same time?

thanks 

I have seen the non-alcoholic drinks handled differently on each ship I've sailed.  I have gone to the coffee bar and gotten a chocolate coffee drink (with alcohol) and also ordered a water. The barista (server?) made me wait 5 minutes.  Made NO sense to me.  Other ships I have sailed gave me 2 bottles of water at a time if I asked.  But to answer the original questions, there is no limit on the non-alcohol drinks each day.

On my recent Paradise cruise, the 5-minute rule applied to when your last alcoholic beverage was entered into the system.  This created a penalty against me the first night because the dining room crew waited an hour after dinner before they rung up my drinks from dinner.  Thus, an hour after dinner, I  was told "5 minutes", then waited another 10 minutes before being told "5 minutes" again.  When I asked the bartender to check my account, she said I had only 4 drinks that day and clearly was not abusing my CHEERS!  package. 

They did always provide both Diet Coke and a Mimosa simultaneously at brunch. 

The last ship I sailed on, I was told that it was a 5 minute wait between drinks, but they could serve an alcoholic drink and a non-alcoholic drink at the same time. If you wanted 2 non-alcoholic drinks, you had 2 wait 5 minutes between them or if you wanted 2 alcoholic drinks you had to wait 5 minutes between them. We often got a mixed or frozen drink and a bottle of water at the same time.

2 hours ago, Amadawn1 said:

Yep, the 5 minute rule applied at the coffee bar on the Magic last week. A lady in front of me in line had to wait 5 minutes between two coffee orders.

This makes sense to me. Why would someone order two coffees at a time unless they were abusing the system and getting one for someone else? 

13 minutes ago, jt1602sd said:

This makes sense to me. Why would someone order two coffees at a time unless they were abusing the system and getting one for someone else? 

I'll have to ask them next time if it is possible to bring the spouse's room key card to bring a coffee back to the stateroom for them along with my own, since we both had the Cheers.

15 minutes ago, Amadawn1 said:

I'll have to ask them next time if it is possible to bring the spouse's room key card to bring a coffee back to the stateroom for them along with my own, since we both had the Cheers.

It worked on the Horizon.  My friend would get her and her husband's coffee at the same time when she had his key card.

It also worked that way for cocktails.   He would take our key cards and bring us back drinks.

Also!  Plan ahead for port waters. I forgot that they charge for water you pick up on the gangway.  So I just ordered bottles to store in the room fridge and take off the boat with me.

Edited by fabuloso
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, fabuloso said:

It worked on the Horizon.  My friend would get her and her husband's coffee at the same time when she had his key card.

It also worked that way for cocktails.   He would take our key cards and bring us back drinks.

Also!  Plan ahead for port waters. I forgot that they charge for water you pick up on the gangway.  So I just ordered bottles to store in the room fridge and take off the boat with me.

Thanks so much for the info!  

• Like 1

You can take a spouses sign and sail card.  But if you are getting 2 coffee's on your sign and sail card you will have to wait 5 minutes.  Usually water isn't a issue.  I have found the key is find a good bartender/barista and tip them well, they remember you and tend to do more for you.