Princess deluxe balcony sofa

h-sar

In my experience, Grand Class mini suite sofas seat 3 people and Royal Class Deluxe Balcony sofas are loveseats that seat 2 people.

I’ve been in the 3-person mini suites where the sofa-bed pulled out full length and where the sofa-bed only was underneath 2 of the 3 cushions when pulled out. So sometimes could sleep 2 adults (cozily!) and sometimes only 1 adult.

Wish I knew the deluxe balcony loveseat specific dimensions and could be of more help. My guess would be the deluxe balcony loveseat would only comfortably sleep 1 adult.

Edited by gotta cruise again
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, h-sar said:

Sorry, yes, loveseat, not sofa. Hoping someone knows the dimensions when it’s opened into a bed. Equivalent to one twin? Maybe twin and a half in width?

Wider than a standard twin, but not by much. It won't sleep two, unless they were small: 5 or 6 and under - and even then, you'd have to be in a quad cabin anyways to do so, and the 4th berth is a Pullman berths, not the couch 

Large enough for one adult/teen with some space on each side. Two cushions wide when seated. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, gotta cruise again said:

In my experience, Grand Class mini suite sofas seat 3 people and Royal Class Deluxe Balcony sofas are loveseats that seat 2 people.

My apologies; I should have been more specific. The early Grand class, Grand, Golden, Star have the ‘two cushion’ sofas.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1782989-star-princess-mini-suite-e729-photos/?tab=comments#comment-37407996

The later iterations, starting perhaps with the Crown? have the larger three cushion sofas.  

2 hours ago, h-sar said:

Sorry, yes, loveseat, not sofa. Hoping someone knows the dimensions when it’s opened into a bed. Equivalent to one twin? Maybe twin and a half in width?

it's equivalent to one of their regular beds sizewise. 

I was comfortable sleeping on one. I am 5'6, heavyset.