Villa Suite removed on Freedom

kilpa482

For those following along royals first offer was 

• The Royal Suite, and 2 Junior Suites

With $200 OBC for the new cabins, My issues with this is that we have 4 couples 1 of which has 2 kids, so three rooms to replace four rooms doesn't really work, and then on top of that juniors carry far fewer benefits, and as a whole doesn't compare that what we originally had.

The next offer was 

• Option 1: The Royal Suite, and 2 Junior Suites
  • Option 2: 4 Junior Suites
  • Option 3: No Penalty Cancellation (Full Refund) and 25% Future Cruise Certificate (calculated from cruise fare) for all guests

Personally I dont see how four juniors is equal to a 4 bedroom villa suite. The Royal suite does provide that common area and the balcony with hot tub, but with that route I would loose a bedroom and everyone else is down the hall.

The only other option I have got them to agree to is The Royal Suite and Junior and Two interiors, this gives us the Royal suite with its common area and 4 total bedrooms, but I still feel like this isnt really comparable to what we originally had. I'm stuck at this point. They claim they will somehow give everyone suite amenities however. Not sure what to do

3 hours ago, dawnelda said:

Thank you for the update. The options that RCL is offering you are disappointing. Do you have alternate options in mind that you can push back on them for?

I’m not sure anymore I had to pull teeth to get to the royal/junior/interior/interior but although the will throw in the $200 obc and suite amenities it just doesn’t feel right 

So frustrated for you.   Of all the options - I think the 2 interiors with suite benefits and OBC is the best option....though not sure how you decide who gets what. 

I might have also suggested requesting 5 (not 4 since you have 10 people 1 one can always be a hang out space if families sleep together) connecting balconies with suite privileges and OBC as an option too.   An extra room, The connecting balconies would at least give you large shared outdoor space and proximity to each other.    

4 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

So frustrated for you.   Of all the options - I think the 2 interiors with suite benefits and OBC is the best option....though not sure how you decide who gets what. 

I might have also suggested requesting 5 (not 4 since you have 10 people 1 one can always be a hang out space if families sleep together) connecting balconies with suite privileges and OBC as an option too.   An extra room, The connecting balconies would at least give you large shared outdoor space and proximity to each other.    

Thats a good point, my hope is that the royal suite being so large those staying there can treat their bedroom as private and the living area as shared, then make sure everyone else has access to the room so they can use that common space 

8 hours ago, kilpa482 said:

Thats a good point, my hope is that the royal suite being so large those staying there can treat their bedroom as private and the living area as shared, then make sure everyone else has access to the room so they can use that common space 

The Royal Suite will have that living space - but parents of sleeping children in a non adjoining room might not join you there depending on where they end up.   The connected balconies make up a really nice space and way to access multiple rooms without using keys (we have don’t this a few times)

I would probably choose the 4 JS with suite privileges. Hang out in the suite lounge as your common area. Maybe you can get them all side by side and open the balconies?

The 2 interiors wouldn't work because who is going to have to stay there while someone else is in the RS?

The 4 JS is the most equal, you can probably be nearby each other, and you will still get suite privileges. Hope the obc transfers to each cabin too. Otherwise, I would take the refund and fcc.

This has been an interesting thread, and I’m just curious,  how does current pricing on the royal suite and junior suites offers compare to the price you booked the villa suite for?  Are 4 junior suites more or less expensive than a villa suite?  If you cancelled with the 25% FCC, could you rebook into whatever cabins are available? 

And about getting full suite privileges for everyone in your party,  I’d want something in writing. That kind of thing could be worrisome to sort out onboard. 

Another thing about the FCC-they will allocate the fcc according to the cruise fare paid pp. So the first two names on the reservation are going to get the higher amount of credit. I guess you can sort it out later but it's annoying if certain people can't go on the future cruise.

On 11/6/2019 at 3:37 PM, marci22 said:

Another thing about the FCC-they will allocate the fcc according to the cruise fare paid pp. So the first two names on the reservation are going to get the higher amount of credit. I guess you can sort it out later but it's annoying if certain people can't go on the future cruise.

The executive office has assured me in writing that they will contact the ship prior to make sure the benefits are correct. I’m not sure how they will do it but figured I would also contact concierge prior to sailing 

On 11/6/2019 at 1:32 PM, marci22 said:

I would probably choose the 4 JS with suite privileges. Hang out in the suite lounge as your common area. Maybe you can get them all side by side and open the balconies?

The 2 interiors wouldn't work because who is going to have to stay there while someone else is in the RS?

The 4 JS is the most equal, you can probably be nearby each other, and you will still get suite privileges. Hope the obc transfers to each cabin too. Otherwise, I would take the refund and fcc.

The thing is to start things weren’t really equal, two groups had the nicer rooms on the ends of the suite and two groups had the interior rooms of the suite. We split the fare based on the room inside the suite each couple got

I really think royal wants me to take the refund, I got a great deal on the villa and wouldn’t be able to replicate it, even with the 25% FCC, so I feel like the refund is the better option for them 

8 hours ago, kilpa482 said:

The executive office has assured me in writing that they will contact the ship prior to make sure the benefits are correct. I’m not sure how they will do it but figured I would also contact concierge prior to sailing 

I'm not talking about onboard perks, I am talking about the 25% FCC. They base the percentage on what each person paid. So the first two people will get the most FCC and additional passengers will get less. You may not care, just letting you know.

26 minutes ago, marci22 said:

I'm not talking about onboard perks, I am talking about the 25% FCC. They base the percentage on what each person paid. So the first two people will get the most FCC and additional passengers will get less. You may not care, just letting you know.

Yeah the FCC would be a bad deal really, my wife and I would get about $570 each then everyone else would only get $50

Royal Caribbean called me regarding my booking. They offered a 2-bedroom Grand Suite on Deck 8 and an Owners Suite on Deck 10 (we had 10 people on the reservation). Since the point of the original booking was to have us all together (and 4 bedrooms), I declined.

I also cancelled my future cruises.

6 hours ago, dawnelda said:

Royal Caribbean called me regarding my booking. They offered a 2-bedroom Grand Suite on Deck 8 and an Owners Suite on Deck 10 (we had 10 people on the reservation). Since the point of the original booking was to have us all together (and 4 bedrooms), I declined.

I also cancelled my future cruises.

similar situation here and no 25% fcc if we cancel. 

Edited by TPA2005
mistake

I was booked in the 4bd villa suite for December 2020. I got my call

last Wednesday with the following offers. Take up all the junior suites they are replacing the villa with, Upgrade to the royal suite for my immediate family and I and they’ll put the rest of my family in grand suites nearby, cancel my entire booking without penalties, book on another ship with another itinerary without penalty, or go on vision of the seas 10 days in the royal suite and the rest of my family in other suites scattered. I haven’t made up mind yet what I want to do but we have until the 24th to decide before auto canceling. 

Edited by BelizeanArmyWife

32 minutes ago, dmccadden said:

Thanks sound like the jr suite would work, they have not offered this to me, I think it is because I only have 7 people booked how many do you have?

Also recently on a RC FB page another cruiser is going through the same thing and they only offered her ocean view balconies no suites at all not even compensation because they said no suites are available for her sailing. If anything and you don’t see anything fit to your liking talk to resolutions team they’ll help 

I would probably choose the 4 JS with suite privileges. Hang out in the suite lounge as your common area. 

So are you really suggesting that they hang out in the suite lounge as their common area? I can think of a million reasons why this is a bad idea and not to mention they are tiny imo. Have you been in one?

13 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

So are you really suggesting that they hang out in the suite lounge as their common area? I can think of a million reasons why this is a bad idea and not to mention they are tiny imo. Have you been in one?

Not to stay all day, that would be boring, wouldn't it? But as they would have suite privileges it's the obvious place to meet for coffee in the morning and cocktails/apps in the evening as they will be in separate rooms. 

As for you, try drinking less coffee.