FCC offered by Carnival

Crusin Karen

We were on the Sunrise which missed 2 ports due to weather and we received a 25% credit on a future cruise.  If I book another cruise, how will they know to apply it?  I did not get any kind of "code" to supply and they did not even specify a "use by" date.  

20 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

We were on the Sunrise which missed 2 ports due to weather and we received a 25% credit on a future cruise.  If I book another cruise, how will they know to apply it?  I did not get any kind of "code" to supply and they did not even specify a "use by" date.  

Karry,  according to my PVP all you would need is the booking # of the cruise that you received the FCC on .You should have gotten a paper in your cabin with all the terms and conditions on it but it isn't necessary. 

Tomorrow I'll be posting a picture of our letter on our review that we received for our cruise which shows the terms and conditions,  which should be the same for you. 😎

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1

Thanks, Jamman, it did not have any terms or conditions, just informed us that we would receive the 25% credit which I thought was nice.  We did miss Portland and Boston and went back to St. John  (had hoped for maybe a return to Halifax or even Quebec City but who am I to make these decisions!) but it was nice to be in my mom's homeland!!!!  I am researching Jan and Feb from Baltimore on you know who at the request of Jim....I think he is going to be your biggest competition as #1 fan of "the ship you twisted my arm to sail on."  lol. 

Just as a point of clarification, so that you are aware: you will get 25% of what you paid for the cruise with the missed ports. Not 25% of whatever new cruise you book. Unfortunately people assume that it’s the latter, and they get upset when they find it’s not. 

• Like 1

We were on the Carnival Sunshine for the August 29th sailing during Dorian.  We received a 50% refund on the the cruise, which showed up on our credit card about 3 weeks after we returned and a 50% future cruise credit.  We received a letter in our cabin about the 50% refund and credit and explaining the process, had to be used by 2021.  There is a form to fill out and submit after you book your next cruise.  I called Carnival after finding the cruise we wanted and the customer service rep asked for our previous booking number and was able to fill out the form from her side and have it submitted.  This was on a Friday and by Monday afternoon, Carnival Customer Service had sent us an email confirming the credit and updated the booking price.

If your credit was 25% off say a $1500 cruise (base rate, not taxes or port fees), you would receive a $375 credit off the base fare on your next cruise, still paying the taxes and port fees.  We are very happy with Carnival for the refund and future cruise credit.  We sail on the Sunshine November 21st and our aft wrap around balcony on deck 7 cost less than Cheers. 

59 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

Just as a point of clarification, so that you are aware: you will get 25% of what you paid for the cruise with the missed ports. Not 25% of whatever new cruise you book. Unfortunately people assume that it’s the latter, and they get upset when they find it’s not. 

That is correct. 25% of the base cruise rate paid for the affected cruise. 😎