Mini Bar Contents

Packman1000

On our next cruise we will be Elite and have the mini bar setup.  I'm trying to find out "exactly" what is in the minibar on Princess.  Does it include beer, wine, soda, besides liquor?  Since neither my DW nor I drink any kind of straight liquor, does Princess allow us to bring on a mixer, like 7-UP, or margarita mix if there is tequila, or bloody mary mix if there is vodka, etc?  I know you can ask the cabin steward to switch out some items.  If you do that, do you give the steward a list, or just tell them?  Does the swap happen the same day?  Lastly, we are going on a 14 day Caribbean cruise that is made up of two 7 day cruises.  Do we get two mini bars?

Thanks.

From another post:

Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each ofCognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2)12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. 

You get one for each segment.  Call Room Service to request your swaps.  I think the beer is bottled.  Can't find the most recent list posted.

Here is another poster's list.  2 of each of the following:

Courvoisier VS
Beefeater Gin
Skyy Vodka
Dewar's Scotch Whisky
Dos Equis Beer

Coke
Sprite
Tonic Water
Perrier
Bottled Water

Any alcohol can be traded for any other alcohol or non-alcoholic beverage...

Edited by steelers36

Our last cruise which was our first Elite we got 8 mini bottles of liquor (2 Dewars, 2 vodka, 2 gin, 2 rum I think), 2 bottles regular water, 2 bottles perrier water and bunch of cans of pop (can't remember if 4 or 8 )also 2 beer.  You can switch the liquor for other kinds, we switched the bottles of liquor for 8 beer, not much selection we chose Heineken.  The pop was a mixture but you can swap for different kinds or water.  You could also switch all for pop/water and I understand that you can swap all for coffee card or bottle of wine but have no experience with that.

Call room service when you get in your room to switch, they will asked exactly which items you want them to take and exactly what you want them replaced with.  Will bring them same day, I think was within a few hours.

Steelers has the right list. We've never seen rum included. One the Island Princess this summer, they were out of the brandy and subbed extra bottles of vodka for it. You can exchange the sodas for any sodas on the room service menu. DH likes ginger ale, so that's what we get. 

6 hours ago, Packman1000 said:

Since neither my DW nor I drink any kind of straight liquor, does Princess allow us to bring on a mixer, like 7-UP, or margarita mix if there is tequila, or Bloody Mary mix if there is vodka, etc? 

You're allowed to bring as much non-alcoholic beverages as you want.

Soda, water, mixers.

Tomato juice is available in the buffet, dining rooms and maybe room service (if you want to make your own Bloody Mary mixer).

Don't pack your "stuff" in a suitcase, keep them in a carry-on like a small suitcase, a cloth shopping bag, whatever. If they're in your suitcase it will (at least) slow down delivery of the suitcase or (at worst) require you to go to the "naughty" room to open the suitcase for inspection.