Where To Get Hot And Wet - Lagoons, Bath Houses, Spas and Other Indulgences

Liz Masterson

On 4/13/2021 at 2:52 PM, Jim Avery said:

"Girls only"!?  Shouldn't I be highly offended?  Hahaha,  it's good for y'all to go have time without us.  Makes y'all miss us and realize how good we are......😳🍸🍹😎

There are some great pubs in Toronto... when this Covid mess is over and Canada opens up again. Unfortunately, They are surging now... 

34 minutes ago, Liz Masterson said:

There are some great pubs in Toronto... when this Covid mess is over and Canada opens up again. Unfortunately, They are surging now... 

Now you're talking.  The boys and I will hang out at the pub till y'all's nails dry...🍺 Too bad about the Bermuda cruises and the controlled excursions.  They will miss some great pubs.  Hog Penny in Hamilton comes to mind.  Someday we will be over the covid menace.😎

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
31 minutes ago, Liz Masterson said:

Here is a nice video about Mývatn Nature Baths. I'm going to have to choose between there and Húsavík Geobaths when I visit the port in Akureyri, Iceland in July.

Both are set in very scenic locations. If it matters, the Myvatn baths overlook the active volcanic landscape surrounding Lake Myvatn, whereas the Husavik baths are situated right over the ocean.  

Edited by SJD117
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

No. We took a walk from our hotel and found it. We went inside with the intent to come back after dinner and time got away from us and we never made it there. I can tell you that it wasn't crowded or commercialized like the Bue Lagoon.We were in Iceland in June and 24 hours of daylight messes with your time clock lol. Weplanned to go to the Myvatin baths but it was snowing that evening so we passed. There is always next time. Spent 12 days driving in Iceland and could of used another week. Lovely country.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TERRIER1 said:

Weplanned to go to the Myvatin baths but it was snowing that evening so we passed. There is always next time. Spent 12 days driving in Iceland and could of used another week. Lovely country.

We have Myvatin and Blue Lagoon on the schedule for this summer. (Blue Lagoon on the way to the airport sounds better than more hours at the airport.)  You should have gone in the snow! I've been in hot tubs in the snow and it's lovely! Ah well... next time!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 4:03 PM, Jim Avery said:

Now you're talking.  The boys and I will hang out at the pub till y'all's nails dry...🍺 Too bad about the Bermuda cruises and the controlled excursions.  They will miss some great pubs.  Hog Penny in Hamilton comes to mind.  Someday we will be over the covid menace.😎

Hey @Jim Avery... I found a spa in Iceland I think you need to visit: Welcome to the Beer Spa!  https://www.bjorbodin.is/eng

• 1 month later...

BLUE LAGOON - July 18, 2022

We had 5:15pm flights out of Keflavik Airport and had to disembark the Viking Jupiter that morning. So we treated our selves to an upgrade at the Blue Lagoon and checked into "The Retreat Spa" at 8am. 

The upgrade includes a secluded lagoon area. You are not the only one there... but at 8am we were almost the only ones there! It also includeds your own changing room for 5 hours which was divine! We just kept our luggage with us. And we got to experience the Blue Lagoon Ritual, various scrubs and lotions and potions in a special order. Your skin will feel like butter when you are done. We hung out in the fireplace lounge with a drink for a while then got dressed and had a lovely lunch before heading out to the airport. They arranged for a taxi that met us in their hotel lobby. All went very smoothly.

If only the spa experience could be AFTER you check in and navigate security and passport checks.

The airport experience is a real buzz kill. 

I'd still do it again in a heart beat. And my husband LOVED it too!

961975B0-7D72-412F-A54E-DD59374B6501_1_105_c.jpeg

FCC21152-CB92-4FD5-BE93-56C3ADD17F7D_1_105_c.jpeg

8A03A108-60AB-4DFA-A78F-5EDD391E7F92_1_105_c.jpeg

6FBF6312-4FEE-4D2E-B41B-B43B12CEF955.jpeg

E6DF8090-9CFE-4B84-A89B-38B3530585F2_1_105_c.jpeg

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Liz Masterson said:

BLUE LAGOON - July 18, 2022

We had 5:15pm flights out of Keflavik Airport and had to disembark the Viking Jupiter that morning. So we treated our selves to an upgrade at the Blue Lagoon and checked into "The Retreat Spa" at 8am. 

The upgrade includes a secluded lagoon area. You are not the only one there... but at 8am we were almost the only ones there! It also includeds your own changing room for 5 hours which was divine! We just kept our luggage with us. And we got to experience the Blue Lagoon Ritual, various scrubs and lotions and potions in a special order. Your skin will feel like butter when you are done. We hung out in the fireplace lounge with a drink for a while then got dressed and had a lovely lunch before heading out to the airport. They arranged for a taxi that met us in their hotel lobby. All went very smoothly.

If only the spa experience could be AFTER you check in and navigate security and passport checks.

The airport experience is a real buzz kill. 

I'd still do it again in a heart beat. And my husband LOVED it too!

961975B0-7D72-412F-A54E-DD59374B6501_1_105_c.jpeg

FCC21152-CB92-4FD5-BE93-56C3ADD17F7D_1_105_c.jpeg

8A03A108-60AB-4DFA-A78F-5EDD391E7F92_1_105_c.jpeg

6FBF6312-4FEE-4D2E-B41B-B43B12CEF955.jpeg

E6DF8090-9CFE-4B84-A89B-38B3530585F2_1_105_c.jpeg

Sounds like much improvement over the regular changing area which I didn’t mind but DMIL really didn’t like.  Are you able to access the general lagoon also or only the secluded area?  

7 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Sounds like much improvement over the regular changing area which I didn’t mind but DMIL really didn’t like.  Are you able to access the general lagoon also or only the secluded area?  

We could access the regular areas but didn’t really have time! I think we may have dozed off in the fireplace room…

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Liz Masterson said:

We could access the regular areas but didn’t really have time! I think we may have dozed off in the fireplace room…

Will keep it in mind.  We hope to go back to Iceland next summer. 

• Like 1