Can't find a sailing on RCI site - maybe sold out?

etoile

While searching around the web, I found a 4/25/21 sailing (Singapore to Tokyo) on Ovation of the Seas, but it doesn't come up at all on the RCI site. I found it on multiple aggregator/agency sites, so I believe the sailing existed at some point, but I would prefer to look it up on RCI. Is it perhaps a charter? Maybe sold out? Is there a way to be waitlisted for a particular itinerary in case somebody cancels their reservation?

5 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

Here's a link to the roll call for that sailing - maybe try and see if they have more info?

Thanks for finding that, I've asked there! I wonder if RCI does waitlists...

About a week ago, the sailing was very close to being sold out. Another couple were also searching and finally a room opened up. I would either call often or check as it is possible TA's have not released all their rooms. Daughter & I are on both, April 25th & May 8th but I booked us this past June. Being this far out it is also possible there will be cancellations.

Typically when a sailing disappears from the site it is totally sold out.  Sometimes there may be a wait list sometimes you can’t even get on the waitlist anymore.

The Sept 2nd 2020 Arctic TA was sold out in less than four months and then removed from the website.  Per various people posting on the roll call you cannot even get on the wait list as many are posting on the roll call asking if anyone is cancelling.

Sometimes a TA may have done a group booking and have a room remaining if you google the specific cruise.  So you may luck out that way.

The other possibility is it is chartered or in a a rarer circumstance it could require an unexpected drydocking. That happened with the Grandeur this last Mar.

Edited by rimmit

Last week or less, there was very few rooms left. It is possible rooms are still be held by TA's. A couple waited and were able to get on last week. This cruise the Op wants sails from Singapore to Tokyo on the Ovation and has booked quickly. The following sailing leaves from Tokyo back to Seattle so extremely popular. 

6 hours ago, rimmit said:

The Sept 2nd 2020 Arctic TA was sold out in less than four months and then removed from the website.  Per various people posting on the roll call you cannot even get on the wait list as many are posting on the roll call asking if anyone is cancelling.

That is a bucket list cruise for us, (and apparently a lot of others also).   We booked it on 12/17/18 and are very glad that we did.  That is a cruise that you do not wait for price drops, or you miss out!

1 minute ago, Bee Guy said:

That is a bucket list cruise for us, (and apparently a lot of others also).   We booked it on 12/17/18 and are very glad that we did.  That is a cruise that you do not wait for price drops, or you miss out!

We booked it 12/17 as well.  We did the Brilliance TA in 2014 when it did Iceland and the Faroe Islands.  

One of the few times I was annoyed with having a TA, as I concerned the prices would go up fast, and within 48 hours they did.  Thankfully our TA did book it for us before the prices went up. 

Loved Iceland and did the Norwegian  fjords on an X cruise a while ago, but Greenland is what really stands out.  With the new polar code going into effect in Jan 2022 this could the first and only time RCI goes to Iceland.

Just used our Capital One miles transferred to Flying Blue to book our AMS flight a couple days ago. Got a family of four to travel via Delta to AMS for 154,667 miles.  Not bad.  Can’t remember if I saw you on the roll call, but If you haven’t booked your hotel yet I suggest you do so.  They are 85% sold out already for the dates prior to the cruise.  Apparently there are several conferences around those dates.  I was struggling to find a hotel,  but did finally book one.

See ya on the boat!

2 minutes ago, rimmit said:

Can’t remember if I saw you on the roll call, but If you haven’t booked your hotel yet I suggest you do so.  They are 85% sold out already for the dates prior to the cruise.  Apparently there are several conferences around those dates.  I was struggling to find a hotel,  but did finally book one.

See ya on the boat!

Thanks for the heads up!   We have a room booked.   Actually we are doing the Baltic before that cruise as B2B, but saw the talk about rooms becoming scarce so we decided to book one ASAP.  

LOL! We will be doing two TA's next year, the one mentioned above and a B2B Holy Land cruise on the Explorer followed by another TA.   A bit much, but they are bucket list items and time is catching up with us.

7 minutes ago, Bee Guy said:

Thanks for the heads up!   We have a room booked.   Actually we are doing the Baltic before that cruise as B2B, but saw the talk about rooms becoming scarce so we decided to book one ASAP.  

LOL! We will be doing two TA's next year, the one mentioned above and a B2B Holy Land cruise on the Explorer followed by another TA.   A bit much, but they are bucket list items and time is catching up with us.

I have two kids in school so can’t take that much time,  but we were debating between the explorer holy land in Nov vs this one.  We had both booked.  We ultimately went for this instead,  as we figured the holy land is not going anywhere.  As for Greenland, this maybe the last time to visit on a non expedition type ship so we figured we’d do it.  Plus we enjoy TAs as well.   The med cruises can be exhausting, esp with small children.  The arctic cruise has a good pace.   Reasonable amount of ports plus some sea days to give us a chance to rest up.