Maasdam Verandah questions

forwardho

Hello all,

My DH and I are looking to book on the Maasadam for their 30 day South Pacific Crossing. Right now there is a private sale going on. The Lanai rooms are all booked. When I called directly to Holland all I could get with this private sale was a guarantee veranda room. With my vacation club I could get the promos at a discount and book a specific verandah 050 or 065 which Are the last two verandas before the sea pool on the Navigation Deck.  I would love to hear from experience Maasdam travelers about this area on the ship as to noise or smoke. (We are not smokers) And those who have booked a guaranteed room before and their opinions.

Thanks so much ,Jill.

If memory serves, there is a smoking section on the starboard side of the pool deck; all other things being equal, I would choose cabin 50.

Although your preference is for a lanai cabin, some of the other non-lanai staterooms on the lower promenade deck do offer easy access to the outdoors via one of a number of doors at either end of the elevator lobbies. We had a partially obstructed ocean view on deck 3 and were quite satisfied.

6 minutes ago, forwardho said:

Thank you daisy-Mae for your input. Can you recall if they have dedicated loungers for those rooms that do not have sliding glass doors on that deck?

They do not have dedicated loungers for any cabins except the lanai.

8 minutes ago, forwardho said:

Thank you daisy-Mae for your input. Can you recall if they have dedicated loungers for those rooms that do not have sliding glass doors on that deck?

When I was on the Maasdam last spring in a Lanai, there were loungers available to those who did not have a Lanai.  They were at the end of the Lanai rooms where the oceanview rooms are and also beside the double entrance doors.

I had cabin 050 for a seven day Canadian cruise and enjoyed.  No noise.  The mini-suites or Vista suites as they are now called are far superior to the verandas which are must ocean view cabins with a door.  050 is much more private.  You will enjoy it.  Take it!

10 hours ago, forwardho said:

I always book a cabin on the lower prom deck and have never had a problem finding a lounger to sit in.  Go for it.