Should Celebrity offer more "free" fitness ?

hcat

On 10/25/2019 at 8:23 AM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I signed up for the HITT class package on my upcoming Edge cruise - very much NOT for socializing (a - I'm working too hard at my workout for chatting; b - I don't cruise with the intent of making friends, nor do I feel like my experience is lessened if I don't have a zillion opportunities to talk to people...then again I'm just slightly more of an introvert, so...) but because I go to OrangeTheory almost every day and the HITT classes seem like the closest thing to that I'm going to get at sea (until OTF either branches out to working with a cruiseline or they do a charter at a time I could go to anyway). Keeping up with a somewhat similar routine is valuable to me.

I would love it if OTF did a pop up like they did at the Boca Resort.  How’s Hell Week going for you?  I don’t think I can take another day of squats!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

None of the cruise lines that we've sailed with allow use of the bikes outside class. The same holds true with most of the gyms at home.

Oceania did last year, but then again, their classes are free and it was one of the small ships so the bikes were not in a separate room.  Not a real problem, in a pinch I’ve done the classes on an Exercycle type bike during hotel stays.  But, I will probably load more tread and boot camp classes than bike classes, given this information. Any treadmill works well with those.  

3 minutes ago, buggins0402 said:

Oceania did last year, but then again, their classes are free and it was one of the small ships so the bikes were not in a separate room.  Not a real problem, in a pinch I’ve done the classes on an Exercycle type bike during hotel stays.  But, I will probably load more tread and boot camp classes than bike classes, given this information. Any treadmill works well with those.  

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

None of the cruise lines that we've sailed with allow use of the bikes outside class. The same holds true with most of the gyms at home.

This past March we did a B2B cruise on the Freedom Of The Seas. During those two weeks the gym staff had 3 spinners on the main floor of the gym for everyone to use. Admittedly out of all our cruises that was a first. I prefer the spinners (that's what I have at home) over the recumbent and uprights. 

1 hour ago, CharmCity2000 said:

I would love it if OTF did a pop up like they did at the Boca Resort.  How’s Hell Week going for you?  I don’t think I can take another day of squats!

Four down, four to go. Lol. Because I am an overachiever. Haha! I treated myself to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child yesterday, and almost screamed at the end of Part 1 when a banner unfurled with the Dark Mark on it and it looked scarily like our Hell Week shirts!

I am not sure how I will move tomorrow between my arms and legs.