Stow Away with Bill & Mary Ann for 181 days on Amsterdam's So. Pacific & 2020 WC

WCB

Thank you so much for the final report of your world cruise.  I have followed your adventures for the past few years and really enjoyed them. I’m glad you both are well as I have thought of you often. I look forward to following you in the future.  Stay safe and be well.  Happy Holidays!

Dear Bill and Mary Ann

Glad to hear you are both well and wanted to let you know that you have inspired me to book the South Pacific in 2022 (fingers tightly crossed).

I will miss you greatly in the New Year as your posts always managed to lift a gloomy January in the UK.

Wishing you both a happy HEALTHY New Year. 

Stay Safe Chris

Thanks so much for posting your final report....I have followed you for years!  Will be sad not to see any world cruise blogs next year...but I am hoping that the world will slowly return to normal...and perhaps will get to read more world cruise blogs in the future....again thanks and stay safe and well.

Greetings, once again, to our fellow readers and GWV buddies!

Thank you so much for the kind comments, as it gives us a special thrill knowing the blog is being read is so many corners of the world.  We will sorely miss being on the world cruise, but look forward to the trip in January 2022.  And if things go right with the vaccine, we do hope to see some of Alaska in the fall of 2021.  

By the way, we forgot to mention a rather important incident that occurred with our luggage that was to be sent back home.  We had four pieces of luggage that were to be shipped free, and three extra with charges applied.  We had carefully filled out the forms given to us onboard the Amsterdam prior to exiting the ship, authorizing payment for the extra bags along with some insurance coverage on all seven.  However, when we eventually got a copy of our shipboard account, we discovered that $500 had been added for the four "free" bags.  If we had not had the sense to go over that statement, we might have been out the $500.  We don't believe we were alone with that mistake, since an employee at HAL admitted this happened to many folks on decks one and two.  We certainly hope that this was rectified with everyone involved, because during this period of time after we got home, everything was so confusing between insurances and getting it all straight, let alone getting used to long lines at stores and all of the shortages  (TP, bleach, even hamburger).  After a long conversation with HAL, they did refund that amount.....eventually.  So the lesson learned was check everything and never assume thy got it right.

Happy Holidays to all!

Bill & Mary Ann

• Like 4

Aloha Bill and Mary Ann,  Thank you for the final report.  I am disappointed not to be looking forward to your 2021 WC reports but am happy to hear that you are planning on 2022.  After years of reading your WC reports I hope that one day we will be able to do all or segments of a WC.

Wishing you a Happy Holiday and a Very Happy 2021!!!!  Cherie  

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh!  Bill and Marianne, I was just saying to my dh that I wonder where you two would be if you were on the world cruise had gone this year!!!!   I am patiently waiting for 2022's cruise!!!

Helen