EZAir-refaring and seats

styme123

4 minutes ago, styme123 said:

yeah I think you have to book first/business to not have to pay with BA.

If you book with BA direct, you do have to pay to reserve your business class seats. I had to pay for 7 of us from San Francisco last year. No charge for the 3 AA flights, only the inbound BA.

5 hours ago, drowelf said:

Generally only Business or First Class tickets these days come with free checked baggage, unless you have FF Status on that airline or use a branded CC to buy the tickets. 

I think that may apply predominantly to US based airlines. I haven't paid for baggage ever on an international airline (Qantas, Singapore, Thai, Emirates, Air Canada) and I only have FF status with Qantas. 

Just to make anyone aware who books special assistance, if this is something you need and book then booking your seats with any airline is normally free of charge, including BA. Sometimes you can do this on the website and sometimes you need to ring.

I have business class seats booked with AA from Miami-Heathrow-Inverness and my second flight is a code share with BA, normally the BA seats would be chargeable unless I wait to,select them 24 hours before, I just rang BA and they booked my seats with no problem.

Edited by DebbieMacG

22 hours ago, styme123 said:

For those that have used EZAir in the past, were you able to pick out seats before you were ticketed? When I called Princess regarding it they said you can't pick seats till you pay since you don't really have a "seat/ticket" until then. When you pick a flight it's more of a courtesy hold than a real ticket. That's why it's so flexible and can be canceled. I would like to be able to sit with my DH on the flight and not wait till 24hrs before flight to pick seats, which I think would be limited. I priced out picking seats in advance on a BA flight and it would cost me over $300 to do so!!! So I thought then maybe I would just go ahead and pay for it now so that it's ticketed. The price was pretty good since I had $200 off pp so I would be saving $400 for my DH and my tickets from NY  to London this August. If there are problems with the flight do you deal with the airline directly or Princess?     

Here lies the problem, if the price drops for my cruise (say for the sip and sail or 3 for free)and I want to refare they might not let me refare because I have a "ticketed" flight and there are restrictions to being able to take the those promos and not being able to be combined with EZAir as per PVP. Do I take the chance and not book flights and hope there is a good price drop in Feb? They have been ones pretty consistently saving about $1000 from my current ticket.

I always go to the airline web page and put in my first and last name as well as the booking no. for the flight.  Never had a problem with getting the seat I wanted.  You just can't seem to do it thru Princess.

Thanks so much for the input on the seats, I guess the problem now is not being able to use the discount airfare if I'm going to refare later. I wonder if you can book your airfare with EZair after your deposit window passes? I wonder if the prices would still bet the direct airlines at that point?