Holland Kids Club

Lizziekris

We are booking a cruise on the new Nieuw Statendam.  It has been 5 years since our last cruise on Holland and our son loved the kids club back then.  Does anyone have any idea what activities they offer for the tween club?  Just curious.  

3 hours ago, Lizziekris said:

We are booking a cruise on the new Nieuw Statendam.  It has been 5 years since our last cruise on Holland and our son loved the kids club back then.  Does anyone have any idea what activities they offer for the tween club?  Just curious.  

A few years old but here is a sample:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/HAL-Kids-8-12-Caribbean-2015-2016.pdf

30 minutes ago, ski ww said:

Thanks for posting the kids activities. We're taking our 10 year old great grand daughter on the NS to Norway in July. 

I will be aboard the NS in December and will do my best to get updated kid's activities as well as answer any questions with a "live thread" on the HAL Forum.

Here is the Kids Activities brochure that includes info in checking out Xboxes:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Club-HAL-Info.pdf

Do you know how many kids it takes to have a club? Ten year old granddaughter will be on  Canal cruise with me and I am afraid that there won't be enough kids at that time to have a kids club, or a tween club.  I know she will have a good time either way but it would be a nice option for her. 

Just now, lindaler said:

Do you know how many kids it takes to have a club? Ten year old granddaughter will be on  Canal cruise with me and I am afraid that there won't be enough kids at that time to have a kids club, or a tween club.  I know she will have a good time either way but it would be a nice option for her. 

There will always be a kids club and with fewer kids, it could be more tailored to the wishes of the kids rather than a scheduled program.  It is my experience that kids are invisible during the daytime and only appear during dinner which demonstrates that they are having a great time in Club HAL.

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

There will always be a kids club and with fewer kids, it could be more tailored to the wishes of the kids rather than a scheduled program.  It is my experience that kids are invisible during the daytime and only appear during dinner which demonstrates that they are having a great time in Club HAL.

Or it demonstrates the children have responsible parents who don't allow the youngsters to run amuck all over the ship as we've witnessed on some other lines, which is one of the many reasons we sail HAL.

Edited by sevenseasnomad
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 5:38 PM, lindaler said:

I sure hope they have one. I had read somewhere that with one or two kids they couldn’t justify the staff it would take. 

On our 15 day HAL Panama Canal Cruise, my 5 and 1 year olds were the only kids on the ship. They flew in a kids club counselor just for my son. 

11 hours ago, Heyitsege said:

On our 15 day HAL Panama Canal Cruise, my 5 and 1 year olds were the only kids on the ship. They flew in a kids club counselor just for my son. 

That is so good to know.  I will make sure to remind my off to let HAL know her age. She will be turning eleven on the cruise.

do they charge by the hour or so you just tip after the cruise? How does all that work?

Edited by lindaler
To ask a question

2 hours ago, lindaler said:

That is so good to know.  I will make sure to remind my off to let HAL know her age. She will be turning eleven on the cruise.

do they charge by the hour or so you just tip after the cruise? How does all that work?

Last year I wasn’t able to tip the Club HAL counselors on our cruise— tried but wasn’t successful. I did however give them major written accolades in my review and at guest services. This year I’ll try to see about another way to tip—we leave in 3 weeks—  but last year they wouldn’t accept a cash tip from me. Maybe it was just them being gracious? Or it’s policy? I have no idea. They earned a tip for sure!!!! Anyone know a tipping policy for Club HAL counselors?