When to book Specialty Dining?

MarLieb

On 10/31/2019 at 8:03 AM, TeeRick said:

No matter the week (holiday or not) we book Specialty Dining dates and times in advance pre-cruise if we definitely want a specific date like a special occasion (birthday, anniversary, etc).  This will be even more important for a holiday week cruise.  For most other cruises on regular weeks where we have no specific celebrations we book on board and get discounts and we are flexible on the restaurant, day and time.

100% agree.  If we know where and when we want to eat, we prebook it to guarantee we have the reservation.  You never know when it will be a “busy” specialty restaurant cruise.

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I would book online for two adults to hold your reservation.  When onboard go to the restaurant and add your son for $10 which they will charge to your account so it will come out of your OBC.

Great idea!  Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to give an update on this topic as I was following it also. We are currently on the Summit and they will not honor the $10.00 price for our 12 year old daughter. The offer is only for children 10 and under. They will not come off this at all. 

5 hours ago, alpinecat said:

I wanted to give an update on this topic as I was following it also. We are currently on the Summit and they will not honor the $10.00 price for our 12 year old daughter. The offer is only for children 10 and under. They will not come off this at all. 

Wow.  This is a flyer from July 2019:  

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/15047719_CEL_Children_Specialty_Dining_Flyer.pdf

I may call and try to book and see if I can get them to lock in the price before we board.  Edited:  I just saw if I pre-book, I pay full price and then have the price adjusted onboard.  Ugh.  I may print this out and take it with us.

Edited by MarLieb