Great Stirrup Haven area no cabana or villa booked

acl12345

• 2 months later...
On 11/3/2019 at 4:05 PM, acl12345 said:

Is there a Haven area on Great Stirrup  for those who do not have a villa or cabana booked?

Thanks in advance.

Did you find out the answer to this question? I’m booked in the Haven and was also wondering if Haven guests have access to this area without booking a villa.

5 hours ago, Shanwow88 said:

Did you find out the answer to this question? I’m booked in the Haven and was also wondering if Haven guests have access to this area without booking a villa.

Only guests who have booked a villa (Haven or not), have full access to Silver Cove. Guests who book spa services on GSC  get access, but I don’t know if it’s full access or have your spa treatment and leave access.

• Thanks 1

I’m Haven and was just at GSC two days ago.  Nothing was said about special area.  Having said that, I’m not sure where the villas are but when we got to GSC, we walked straight in from the tenders and found a big,crowded beach.  We walked to our left (facing the crowded beach, that left) towards the lighthouse and past it and came to an area with villas at the top of a nicer beach that also seemed public access, with several rows of loungers, and we settled down there.  It’s a bit away from everything - bathrooms, bar, food- but just a couple of minutes away, and much less crowded.  I know this doesn’t answer your question other than “I don’t think there is a Haven area” but hope it helps.

That sounds like the area above the small and large cabanas from your description. That area is just past the lighthouse.  That is still public access but usually much less crowded since people like to have access to food and drinks.  But a very nice area.

No specific Haven area ( we were in Haven on the Bliss a few weeks ago ). We rented a large cabana and that was terrific for our gang of 7. We were told all cabanas were sold out but asked to be put on a waiting list. One became available quite quickly. We appreciated the shade, comfy seats, little fridge and terrific bar service to the cabana. We were steps from the BBQ and the food truck. Our cabana was 499$ I believe. 

If you decide not to rent a cabana, when you get off the tender, take the little tram to the far side of the beach after collecting some floats and snorkeling gear if you want. There is a much quieter beach there which is lovely.  There is a food truck, the BBQ area, a bar and bathroom facilities. Lots of seating available until at least 11 AM when it finally got a little busy. It is a 8 minute walk back to the underwater garden and straw market if you feel like doing that. The main beach was super crowded and there were longer lines for everything. 

Oh! Bring bug spray! We all got no-seeum bites! Still had a lovely day:)

13 hours ago, flcraigs5 said:

is there good snorkeling at GSC? Trying to decide if we should bring our gear.

For the snorkelers in our group ( think Australia Great Barrier Reef as their last snorkel ), it was cute but not incredible. For our first time snorkelers, they loved it:). The underwater garden is not a totally clearly marked area, so there is room for exploration. There were some fish, but not a lot, when we were there. 

23 hours ago, bowie123 said:

I was just advised by NCL rep that the lagoon area is complimentary for Haven guest. Is this a nice area? 

Are you sure? From everything I have read, you have to rent a villa in the silver cove area to get access.

23 hours ago, bowie123 said:

I was just advised by NCL rep that the lagoon area is complimentary for Haven guest. Is this a nice area? 

I hope you were informed correctly...to me those that pay the price for the Haven should have access to a more private area.  

1 hour ago, TSUmom said:

I hope you were informed correctly...to me those that pay the price for the Haven should have access to a more private area.  

2 hours ago, maja651 said:

Are you sure? From everything I have read, you have to rent a villa in the silver cove area to get access.

From NCL concierge e-mail: Lastly, for the GSC the lagoon area is complimentary for Haven guest but the villas are not.

5 hours ago, TSUmom said:

With all due respect, you paid for extra amenities on the ship and I am paying for extra amenities (villa and private area) on the island. If you want access to the Villa area, I would think you need to pay for it. Of course, we have rarely made it to GSC so it may not even matter!

Edited by callmebetty
  • Like 1

The concierge didn’t mention it to us at all as an option when he walked us down.  Also, for the snorkelers - be aware that at least for me the water was rather chilly, I’d guess mid 70’s or a little higher.  I think the snorkeling area is around a rock formation a bit offshore, looks like a 5 -10 minute swim.  I love snorkeling but wasn’t in the mood that day and the cold water was a turnoff, plus like the post upthread I’ve primarily snorkeled uncrowded, unspoiled areas so I assumed that there wasn’t decent coral and although there would potentially be fish around the rock formation, with the crowds and noise not sure what there would be....but will wait for someone who has snorkeled there to reply.

BTW Harvest Cay the water was so murky I wouldn’t bother trying, at least in the main area.  We didn’t explore much because it was chilly and windy with intermittent showers, until we gave up and went back to Bliss, which is when the sun came out 😆

14 hours ago, callmebetty said:

With all due respect, you paid for extra amenities on the ship and I am paying for extra amenities (villa and private area) on the island. If you want access to the Villa area, I would think you need to pay for it. Of course, we have rarely made it to GSC so it may not even matter!

Actually I have only sailed in the Haven a few times....I would rather cruise often and have a less expensive cabin then pay those prices.  I understand where you are coming from but the Haven guests would only have access to the beach area and the Villa renters would have the perks they paid for by renting the villa.  

I finally made it to GSC a few years ago 1 out of 4 tries

12 hours ago, TSUmom said:

Actually I have only sailed in the Haven a few times....I would rather cruise often and have a less expensive cabin then pay those prices.  I understand where you are coming from but the Haven guests would only have access to the beach area and the Villa renters would have the perks they paid for by renting the villa.  

I finally made it to GSC a few years ago 1 out of 4 tries

I think the problem is that even if the Haven guests got access to the Silver Cove beach area, where would they sit? The umbrellas and loungers are reserved for the villa renters, so unless they brought in a bunch more, there is really no place for Haven/non villa renters to sit on the beach. Also - unless they brought in more butlers to serve the Haven/no villa people, it would mean less service for those who paid a hefty sum to rent the villas - and this could also impact the private Silver Cove Buffett. If all Haven/no villa people used it, it would become a lot more crowded and less appealing.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, maja651 said:

I think the problem is that even if the Haven guests got access to the Silver Cove beach area, where would they sit? The umbrellas and loungers are reserved for the villa renters, so unless they brought in a bunch more, there is really no place for Haven/non villa renters to sit on the beach. Also - unless they brought in more butlers to serve the Haven/no villa people, it would mean less service for those who paid a hefty sum to rent the villas - and this could also impact the private Silver Cove Buffett. If all Haven/no villa people used it, it would become a lot more crowded and less appealing.

I agree. We stay in the Haven, but at this point, I wouldn’t want it open to all Haven guests. It would be crowded and spoil the atmosphere. If I want to be in Silver Cove, I rent a villa.

• Like 1