Symphony OTS - WiFi question

bgoff60

I know all boats are slightly different in what is and what is NOT possible so this question is JUST for Symphony OTS. . .

1. Do I need the WiFi package to use just the RCI mobile app?

2. What additional capabilities can I do with eh RCI app in terms of communicating with others in my party? Can I text them on for such things like "We are at the Royal Promenade bar '' x.  Meet us there at 4 pm.

3. other things we need to know?

You can use the RCI App without having an internet package.

Unfortunately, Symphony is not yet one of the ships that has the "free" texting operational with the RCI App, so if you cannot live without texting, then you and anyone else you want to text on the ship will need to purchase VOOM.

8 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

I know all boats are slightly different in what is and what is NOT possible so this question is JUST for Symphony OTS. . .

1. Do I need the WiFi package to use just the RCI mobile app?

2. What additional capabilities can I do with eh RCI app in terms of communicating with others in my party? Can I text them on for such things like "We are at the Royal Promenade bar '' x.  Meet us there at 4 pm.

1.  No

2.  The app does not have messaging capabilities on Symphony. 
3.  Connectivity can be an issue in some cases. My phone kept disconnecting from the network. Also, most plans are one device at a time. You need to go to logoff.com to remove one device before adding another per the device instructions you get with the plan.  

3 hours ago, bgoff60 said:

If are really having bad internet withdrawal (and don't have VOOM), you can click on the RCI app logo during initial login to take you to the Apple App Store (or Android Play store) - for about 15-20 min you may have internet connectivity.