How often does NCL run their 'free air' promo

Steph8181

Hi all!
First off, I recognize that the air isn't really free - but the discounted rate really works in our favour given where we are in Canada. 
My partner and I are cruising May 2020 - but our best friends just decided they want to come - they missed the air promo.
We were just planning their cruise details - and wondering if we should hold off, should another free air promo come available. 

Thanks!

NCL has run it once. It started with a limited market for 3-6 months and then expanded to most itineraries and ran for 6ish months. It is now over with no indication if they will offer it again. NCL has offer like “no taxes and port fees” and “$1 deposits” that run for a few weeks once a year. 

• Thanks 1

There was a thread here a few days ago LINK:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2706957-no-more-freereduced-air-promo/

In the meantime keep checking back and comparing other promos bennies packages

for better deals. Yes the free discounted airfare was or is inviting but some of these

routings and flights left much to be desired - flying odd hours - red eye flights - flying

west to go to a east coast port - the questions of going a few days early or staying

a few days later after the cruise options - not knowing until a month or a few days

before sailing just what the reservations will be.

Take your time planning that cruise vacation - something that you can enjoy on your

schedule.

Noting that you are from northern Ontario - the prime airport city would be Toronto and

alternate Montreal. Also I realize the air travel in Canada is not cheap - try across the border

and look for bargains check out options of Detroit and Chicago -

You did not indicate your cruise origin-destination to provide more help ideas options.

3 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Noting that you are from northern Ontario - the prime airport city would be Toronto and

alternate Montreal. Also I realize the air travel in Canada is not cheap - try across the border

and look for bargains check out options of Detroit and Chicago -

You did not indicate your cruise origin-destination to provide more help ideas options.

Hey! We are the same distance from us in the Sault to Toronto, and the Sault to Detroit. We're actually closer to Detroit/Windsor by about 2 hours.
If they book round trip from us to Miami, it's the same price as the cruise almost! So we either have to drive to an airport, or add a connection. 

Our booking is complete - we're driving to Toronto & staying overnight, flying to Miami (paid the deviation) a day early, port on the 17th, and repeat that trek on the way back. We don't mind the drive so it's no big thing, but I also wouldn't be opposed to subbing Detroit for Toronto. 

Edited by steph.harris81

3 hours ago, smplybcause said:

Honestly, you might not get that bad of flight deals. I flew up to Toronto this summer from Orlando and RT was under $300. 

It's looking moderately expensive as of right now, two people out of Toronto is 1300 return, and out of the Sault about 1600.
Out of Detroit, however, for 2 people is under $600, without luggage.. another $80pp both ways additional. 

I feel like they're going to get nickle and dimed either way for their flights.

I feel bad because I hyped the cruise - and didn't realize the air promo was over.. 

Edited by steph.harris81
Added sentiment

19 minutes ago, steph.harris81 said:

It's looking moderately expensive as of right now, two people out of Toronto is 1300 return, and out of the Sault about 1600.
Out of Detroit, however, for 2 people is under $600, without luggage.. another $80pp both ways additional. 

I feel like they're going to get nickle and dimed either way for their flights.

I feel bad because I hyped the cruise - and didn't realize the air promo was over.. 

I book for June/July flights but the sweet spot for tickets I've found is about 6 weeks before. I think I saw another dip like 4 months out? Last summer I actually booked mine 3 weeks out and got that price. The weeks before it was still under $400 though. 

Edited by smplybcause