When to buy water

Travelicious

3 hours ago, Firepath said:

We pre-purchased 12 bottles for our 7 day cruise in Hawaii. We only ended up drinking 6 or so with all the other drink options available. 12 was way too much for the two of us for 7 days. If I were doing it again, would definitely order less. The bottles were larger than I expected. We ended up leaving the untouched ones in our cabin as we didn't want to bother with them. They probably just moved them to someone else's cabin!

I purchased 12 bottles on-board and realized that I would never drink that much - as you said, bottles were bigger than expected.  But since they sell them by the 6 pak so to speak, I returned 6 for credit, no problem.  Just had to go through the bar manager, which customer service did for me.

So I always take a 30 oz Yeti with lid and my own reusable straws.  I refill whenever I pass by the beverage stations.  
And I take at least 1 or 2 empty water bottles for port days so I don’t have to drag the heavy Yeti...problem solved and no faucet water involved.

😉

Edited by caugh51654

We always buy some water for our NCL cruises. It's a taste preference for us, as we don't like the chlorine taste the water from the cabin tap has. We do drink the water in restaurants and bars, and it tastes fine to us. It is carbon filtered to remove the chlorine taste. We prefer to have the bottled water as a convenience in our cabin at night. A 6 pack works fine for that.

We drink a lot of water, and drink very little alcohol or soda. So water is important to us.

No one who has a preference for a specific soda, beer, wine, or type of alcohol should have a problem with people who have a preference for a specific type of water.

• Like 2