So is there JR or Portofino on Monarch or not??

Somebody posted on a thread a couple of weeks ago that they'd spoken with an RCI rep who said that Monarch was going to get a specialty restaurant and (I think) also a Concierge Club. I'm shocked, just SHOCKED that they were misinformed.:rolleyes:

Jean, you CRACK ME UP!

Carol, I honestly don't know why people bother asking questions of RCI's customer service representatives. They are the most woefully uninformed CSR's I've ever dealt with. Nice people, but the company must have the mushroom approach to management (keep them in the dark & covered in you know what)!

Carol, I honestly don't know why people bother asking questions of RCI's customer service representatives. They are the most woefully uninformed CSR's I've ever dealt with. Nice people, but the company must have the mushroom approach to management (keep them in the dark & covered in you know what)!

The best reason to ask questions of RCI's customer service reps is because if you ask your questions enough times it is a sure bet that someone is going to tell you exactly what it is that you want to hear!!;)

I guess I started it. I sure as heck don't appreciate it EITHER! I called RCI to ask about JR's. The TA said yes, and also volunteered the info that they were adding a Portofino. I was excited about that, but new to cruising so didn't know enough to take it with a grain of salt. I only wanted to share the supposed good news with everyone.

I am not responding because you demanded an explanation, but because I want to clear it up with everyone.

Maybe it's in their long range plans, but the sewer problems took all their time and energy...?

I don't recall it being you, I believe a TA posted it...perhaps it was planned and they ran out of time?

###

I was the one who posted the PLAN was to replace Jade Sushi with JR's since Jade is not making any money and is basically a wasted area. Why this didn't happen, I can't say. Whoever posted the addition of Portofino and a Concierge Lounge was incorrect. There NEVER has been plans to add either of these to the Monarch, Sovereign or Majesty... there's just no need for these on the short cruises.

I would suspect JR's to replace Jade Sushi at some point in the future.

Well I sure wish RCCL had done this! We were on Monarch in November and the Sushi place was always empty! Mabye they thought us Southern Californian's love sushi but I sure don't! I think JR would appeal more to the younger crowd on the ship and Portofino would definately appeal to everyone! The pizza/sandwhich place about Windjammer is a waste too!

Well, I am now satisfied. Thank you for trying to keep us all informed on the information. I just wish RCI would either stop saying things until they are fact or they would keep their reps. better informed. I don't blame anyone on this board.

RCI needs to do something about Jade. JRs would have been nice.

The reason that Jade was put on Monarch was to attract people from Asia. At least thats what I heard from RCI when I sailed on her a few weeks after they brought her over to do the Baja runs. They were filming on the ship at the time for a commercial that was to air in Asia.

I guess it didn't work out to well. Who knows, maybe they will just change things while the ship is in operation.

The reason they have karoke in Jade Sushi is to try and get people up there to eat. That's not working either- and they will most likely add JR's at some point. It seems this could be done while the ship is in operation, but it would have to be a modified design like the JR's on the Sovereign which is very different from the diner style on the Voyager class.

I wonder if they were originally planning on adding either JR or Portofino's but once they found out they had major (possibly unrepairable) plumbing problems they abandoned the idea in case they replace the Monarch with another ship??

Now wouldn't that be GREAT! We can only wish :D ;)

###

Archived