CN Certs for First Time Cruisers

Hrhbob

I have a few Cruise Next certificates. My son and his wife have never cruised before, so do not have latitudes numbers, though they will after their first cruise. Can I use my CN certs to reserve a cabin for them in their name as first time NCL Cruisers? Can any first time NCL Cruisers use CN certs from any source (I.e. EBay?)

We just went through a similar situation. Were told that one of the couple had to call and book a cabin in their names. While they were on the phone with NCL, the agent called us at home to verify we were giving them two cruise certificates(double promo).Sounds like you are gifting them a cabin.You'll probably run into the same thing!But I've been wrong before!!!

Thanks, but not sure I understand. "One of the couple had to call and book a cabin in their names." Do mean my son or his wife has to call and book a cabin? I intend to make the booking for both cabins at the same time and use 2 x CN certs for each balcony cabin using my and my wife's names on 1 cabin and my son's and his wife's name on the other cabin. . After the CN certs are used, my son and his wife will pay for the balance owed to NCL so in fact I am not "gifting" them a cabin. The main question is can 2 of my CN certs be used on my son's cabin even though they have never cruised and do not have lattitudes numbers?

You could easily resolve the whole issue by booking yourself and your son in one cabin (under your latitudes number) and your wife and daughter-in-law in the other cabin (under your wife's latitudes number). Then once on board just have your son and wife switch where they sleep...problem solved.

Also...by doing this, any latitude benefits that are given "per cabin" will be given to BOTH cabins instead of just one.

SeaShark...of course we've thought of that already. Trying to end up with cruise cards for the right people and the right cabin. I may call NCL to see what kind of answer I get (and how many different answers I get.) 

Assuming you will also be on the cruise, what SeaShark said would work.  You can request extra key cards when you board and make sure you set up accounts for on-board purchases by person, not room.  If the rooms are not near to each other, you most likely will have different muster stations but once the drill is done, there shouldn't be any further concerns - I've done it.

However, I wonder if a person is assigned a latitudes number when they actually book a cruise?  I've noticed that cruise summary information is stored by latitudes number and reservation number, so if a person were to make a mock booking, they in theory would have a latitudes number that they could then use for a real one?  Might be worth a try, as long as you are before the cancellation date.

15 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

yes, enrolled in the program after sailing.  But the number seems to be assigned during booking.  Your vacation summary for example can be found at www.ncl.com/shorex/latitude#/reservation#/vacation-summary, which means you have to have a number to have a reservation.

So the question would be if you could use that number, even if you are not eligible for rewards.

Ok....  NCL said that once you book a cruise and put down an initial deposit you are assigned a latitude number which can then be used in a normal way I.e. CN certs may be transferred to the new cruiser to be used towards payment. Problem solved. Son and DIL will make their own booking, get a latitudes number and I will transfer 2 CN certs to them. Thanks to you all who assisted.