Spa Deals / Specials on Port Days?

Dsil432

2 hours ago, OceanCruise said:

Be aware of the small print listing of time frames of the specials. IIRC, the spa treatment had to be before 1:00 even if the ship was in port until 5 pm or later

Correct..I always have them write it all down and initial my appt card ..So I can show it when they try to reneg..

I was on the Summit last week. The spa there had a promotion offering 80-minute massages for the price of 50 minutes for treatments booked and received on embarkation day. My friend and I asked if that promotion or any other discounts would be offered on a particular port day because we had decided to stay on the ship that day. At first, the staff said we would have to look in the daily for any specials on the day we were interested in, but then a manager said she would give us the 80-for-50 special for that day. My friend said that when she finished her massage, she was told we could have the same deal if we wanted to come back the next day (also a port day).

This was my first time getting a spa treatment on a cruise, and based on that experience, I would suggest asking for what you want and negotiating from there rather than simply waiting to see what is offered in the daily. 

I enjoyed my long massage and was happy with the deal we got. 

13 hours ago, Carried_Away said:

I was on the Summit last week. The spa there had a promotion offering 80-minute massages for the price of 50 minutes for treatments booked and received on embarkation day. My friend and I asked if that promotion or any other discounts would be offered on a particular port day because we had decided to stay on the ship that day. At first, the staff said we would have to look in the daily for any specials on the day we were interested in, but then a manager said she would give us the 80-for-50 special for that day. My friend said that when she finished her massage, she was told we could have the same deal if we wanted to come back the next day (also a port day).

This was my first time getting a spa treatment on a cruise, and based on that experience, I would suggest asking for what you want and negotiating from there rather than simply waiting to see what is offered in the daily. 

I enjoyed my long massage and was happy with the deal we got. 

Thank you, this is very helpful. Appreciate it!