Carnival Legend to Europe & Baltimore; Carnival Pride to Tampa (2021)

CruiseAdict218

Thanks for the news, OP. 

I'll miss Pride, but I look forward to sailing on another Spirit class ship.  So, since I've never sailed Legend before, I was just doing the side-by-side comparison on Carnival's site.  The impression I get is that they truly are sister ships - almost identical twins!  With the disappointing difference of no Alchemy Bar on Legend:classic_sad:.  But with the pleasing difference of no gigantic movie screen on Legend's Lido:classic_biggrin:.  And Legend still has her Library, it appears.  So I guess that kinda balances out the equation, IMO. 

Alright, Carnival, I suppose you have my approval for this move.:classic_dry:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Thanks for the news, OP. 

I'll miss Pride, but I look forward to sailing on another Spirit class ship.  So, since I've never sailed Legend before, I was just doing the side-by-side comparison on Carnival's site.  The impression I get is that they truly are sister ships - almost identical twins!  With the disappointing difference of no Alchemy Bar on Legend:classic_sad:.  But with the pleasing difference of no gigantic movie screen on Legend's Lido:classic_biggrin:.  And Legend still has her Library, it appears.  So I guess that kinda balances out the equation, IMO. 

Well, there is a 5 week drydock after the TA and before the rest of the Europe itineraries begin so she might get some of those things.

Just now, trvlgirlmq said:

Well, there is a 5 week drydock after the TA and before the rest of the Europe itineraries begin so she might get some of those things.

I hadn't thought of that.  Yeah, she'll probably get the big, stupid, loud screen. (Boo.  Hiss.)  And she'll most likely get an Alchemy Bar, as well.  (Yay.)

1 hour ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

I wish Tampa Could accommodate bigger ships ( I Live all of 40mins from the Port of Tampa) But having the Pride will do I suppose, IT at least has the seaside theater which I love watching movies out on deck at night. 

Tampa has the same problem as New York and that is sailing under bridges. The port/terminal itself can handle bigger ships, these bigger ships is also too high/tall that prevent it from sailing under bridges. For Tampa, ships to need to less then 180ft tall to fit under the Skyway Bridge. 

On 11/18/2019 at 11:42 AM, ShakyBeef said:

Thanks for the news, OP. 

I have received two calls from mgt asking to pass along thanks for your approval.  😉

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

I have received two calls from mgt asking to pass along thanks for your approval.  😉

Well, just make sure you tell them that said approval is conditional - it may be revoked at any moment if they make a mistake.  And then they'll be sorry.:classic_dry:

• Haha 2

On 11/18/2019 at 11:42 AM, ShakyBeef said:

Thanks for the news, OP. 

Per Carnival website the Legend currently has the Alchemy Bar.  I've read the Legend is scheduled for a major dry dock in 2021 in Spain prior to arriving at Baltimore in November 2021.  My guess, CCL will be adding the Dive in movies, the library and the chapel will be replaced with an arcade.  Assuming the arcade is moved they will enhancement/enlarge the youth space.  My hope is they add a food venue that is similar to what is on the newer ships.  The only thing that will be missing is the crew, we have made friends with some crew members and have seen them on multiple cruises.     

6 minutes ago, JMAE said:

Per Carnival website the Legend currently has the Alchemy Bar.  I've read the Legend is scheduled for a major dry dock in 2021 in Spain prior to arriving at Baltimore in November 2021.  My guess, CCL will be adding the Dive in movies, the library and the chapel will be replaced with an arcade.  Assuming the arcade is moved they will enhancement/enlarge the youth space.  My hope is they add a food venue that is similar to what is on the newer ships.  The only thing that will be missing is the crew, we have made friends with some crew members and have seen them on multiple cruises.     

Sho nuff, it sure does have it - right there on Deck Two Aft, outside the MDR, in the familial location!  My mistake, I realize now looking back at the side-by-side, I saw the "Alchemy Martini Tasting" line item (which Pride has but Legend does not) and mistook it for "Alchemy Bar".  Oops.  Thanks for setting me straight.:classic_blush:

• Like 1